Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Inactive Account

lens adapter

a little while back i purchased off of ebay a vivitar series 1 100-500 mm lens. the lady said it was in mint condition and that she had it on her pentax camera. only paid fifty plus shipping i thought i got a great deal. she provided the usual pics that weren't that sharp. when it arrived i noticed a haze behind the front element.
other than that it really was in great shape. and then i saw at the bottom of the lens o/om for olympus. i made my attempt to get in touch with her and got no response.
it then dawned on me that i can take care of the front element.since i wouldn't use the lens that much i wondered if i could get an adapter from olympus to pentax. it would sure save me the hassel of trying to resell the thing. so i got on ebay and they seem to make all kinds of adapters for putting pentax lenses on olympus cameras but not the other way around. has anyone heard of one made or should i keep searching?

11-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is no adapter for OM lenses to Pentax. Leitax sells a replacement bayonet for most Zuiko lenses but that won't work for a Vivitar. I believe RioRico has had some success modifying OM lenses.
11-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine has haze behind the front element too. I'm pretty sure it's the nasty fuzz because it has increased in size since I purchased it.

I hope yours isn't!