Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I think I'm going to set up a message template to copy and paste at times like this. It'll say simply:

"I like the buttons."

I do. If you find the buttons too fiddly, then the ME Super is too small for your giant, thick-knuckled man-hands anyway (no offence to anyone reading this, I've never met you or clapped eyes on your slab-like mitts). I prefer using the buttons to the shutter-speed dial on my LX, any day. The only advantage of a dial, IMHO, is the at-a-glance info it gives you about your setting.

12-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What nobody has yet mentioned: if you live in a region that gets freezing cold, you will want a mechanical camera - whether or not your main one ends up being one of the electronic ones - if you wish to be out of doors for any length of time and still have a usable camera. The batteries freeze and you get no power, while as long as the lube still works, the mechanical camera keeps ticking.