Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #31

Photos: Gallery
I have one of the SE versions. I must admit I tend not to use it that often as I far prefer the KX which is a K1000 on steroids. I think the "cult" stuatus came from the fact that colleges used to recoomend them as the cheapest "quality" SLR of the time. As such they seem to command a premium on the used market which is not worth paying. The KM is basically the same with a couple of additions and the KX has a far better finder dispaly.

Kim

12-31-2006, 02:00 AM   #32

and a pair of ME Supers......

pic taken with my OM-1
Attached Images

01-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just recently bought two K1000 bodies on ebay. I had one from many years ago, but my neice lost it and the 50mm 1.4 lens. I was buying one for my nephew who has gotten interested in learning so i got another one for myself. I also had a KX, but it kind of fell apart on me when I lived in New Orleans. Humidity? I doo have the original 85/1.8 and 150/3.5? lenses from when I first bought the K1000. I still have an LX and a KZ-5n. Of course it all started during the Viet Nam war when I bought a Honeywell Spotmatic rangefinder camera. What a journey!!
01-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #34

I have a K1000, bought it out of desparation. I was 20-21 at the time, and was asked to take photo's at a friends graduation (I'm in my 40's now). My camera at the time broke down so I ran to the nearest camera store and bought a K1000. Since then I bought a Z1P and planning on getting a K10D.

01-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #35

Me:)

I have one that is in rather poor condition(I bought it on ebay to get the 50/1.4 that it came with). I also have access to two that my dad owns...

02-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #36
Site Supporter

I just acquired an SMC Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm lens. A K1000 was included. It's one of the models made in China. I just put a battery in it and bought some film, so I have no developed prints yet.

I'll keep or sell the camera, depending on the results.
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #37
Forum Member

I have had mine since august 1994, brought used for $125 with lens at pawn shop to use in high school photo class. still works OK, had curtain worked on in spring '95. used camera this past fall, the little foam to catch the mirror is dry rotted and stuck the mirrior up. so, the camera is about to die again, not going to have fixed, would cost more to fix than it is worth now. may try to use tiny bit of foam to catch mirrior. battery is DEAD in it, needle no work. I have a AutoFocus body, ZX-L, to use lens with in Manual mode. should try old 50 MM 1.4 lens on it to just try.
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #38

Photos: Albums
Hi All,

My first post

I have a K-1000 as well and enjoy using it still to this day. It was my first SLR camera and I find it a true classic.

03-03-2007, 03:57 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Two here - both in very shabby condition fetched from oblivion in the back of a school storage cupboard. Heavy corrosion and pitting on the aluminium top and bottom plates of both. Battery covers are very corroded so i can imagine the state of the wells if I could even get the covers open. One body has the made in China plate on the bottom and no 'Asahi' or Logo on the cover of the Pentaprism. This one has huge desilvering or fungus in the penta prism or penta mirror obscurring the central lower section of the viewfinder. Its like looking at a crystal farm under a microscope. I doubt if there are sufficient external parts in decent condition to make one presentable body out of the two.

They both rewind and advance the counter and the curtains are in resonable condition.

Make great book ends and paperweights. One of the neck straps is in good condition so may recycle that at least. The 58mm lens cap is already in use on another lens after a good sanitization.

One has an A 1:2 50mm and the other the A 1:3.5-4.5, 28-80mm zoom. Both lenses are in reasonable external condition but lots of fungus internally as this is a tropical location. I will not be putting either lens anywhere near the DL2 body as I wouldn't want to risk cross contamination.

I have better lenses to cover these focal lengths anyway. Perhaps I could get a sledge hammer and make one of those "how to remove fungus from a zoom lens" series like the Yellow lens Takumar one that everyone has seen.

Might start a "Show us your shabbiest working Pentax" thread. Non working meter doesn't count.
03-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #40
Veteran Member

wait! How badly 'fungused' is the lens? If its nice and uniform fungus, you can use it as a 'soft' lens because the fungus diffuses the light for you.
03-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #41
Pentaxian

There's a thought, Pete. I could put one of those ragged edged frames on every image without the Post Processing.

Thanks for the idea but wouldn't want to risk the spores getting everywhere. There is enough fungus in there to make mushroom soup from, and I seem to get the soft focus effect without trying on my manual focus lenses already...
03-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #42
Veteran Member

This thread makes me sad.....I had to sell my K1000 a few years ago to pay rent (I was really broke) I think I need to find another one.
03-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #43
Inactive Account

I still have a couple K1000's that I purchased new in the early 80's. This was my first SLR and first 35mm. The first one has a problem with flash sync since it was new, it will not take flash pictures even after being sent for repair. Other than that, it takes excellent photos, just forget trying to use a flash with it. I bought the second one to replace the first and it came with the 1:1.4 50mm lens. I haven't taken any photos with them in several years, but both are great condition. My next camera was a ZX-7, then went digital with an *isd.
03-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #44

I've just gotten one too.

Mine was £59 UKP from eBay and is a boxed NOS one. I haven't received it yet but I guess from the photo's that it is one of the newer Chinese made ones with the ABS plastics base and top plate.

Of all the camera's that I own and have owned over the years, i've never had one of these before so it will be interesting to go out with it. I've used similar camera's over the years so it won't be much of a learning curve for me to get used to it. From what i've seen of it, it's very much like my Ricoh XR500 (KR-5) but with a faster top shutter speed.

I always think that these totally manual camera's are bit of a guilty pleasure. For me I get a kick, almost perverse pleasure out seeing people faces when they ask what digital that is and then suddenly realise I have an old - supposedly - antequated film camera with manual focus lenses. Some older guys who are in the know give me cerain amount of kudos but many just reel at the horror

FWIW I intend to use it with an SMC-M 50 / 2.0 just for authenticity
03-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #45
Site Supporter

First time poster here and I found this thread to be interesting.

I have the twin sister of the K1000, the KM, which I bought new in 1976. I still use it and will probably keep it no matter what progress the future comes up with in the world of photography.

I´ve gone through quite a few Pentax camera bodies, but the KM has always been there. Really good stuff and reliable as a rock.

Unfortunally, the original SMC 55/1.8 that came with it new lies on the bottom of a lake up north, so it was replaced with a SMCM 50/1.7 in the early eighties (which was replaced with a SMC A 50/1.4 a couple of months back when I got the K10D).

Oh, Hi guys, by the way!

// Mats