Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Who has a K1000?

This is supposedly such a cult classic (like the Rocky Horror Picture Show ), so I wondered how many people actually have a Pentax K1000?

09-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got one!

It was my first Pentax, too

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

I've got one. That was my third Pentax, after a Spotmatic and an ME. I used it as a companion to the ME since no wide-angle zooms were around: A wide angle lens on one camera and a 45-125mm zoom on the other. It still works flawlessly (and so does the ME). I have had the light seal foam in the back replaced recently.
09-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have one. I came as part of a lens package I bought on Ebay. It is totally beat up but everything works, except the meter. I use it mainly when experimenting with lens mounts (like M42 and T Mount modifications etc).

Edited for typo

Last edited by HogRider; 09-14-2006 at 03:46 PM.
09-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I do!

Hi!

Photo_dad taught me how to use a 35mm film camera using the K1000. I still miss the light meter needle. We would develop black and white pictures ourselves and send the color off to be processed. The 50mm M F2 lens that he bought to go with his K1000 was the one I used when I started experimenting with manual lenses on my DS. I still like the feel of that camera.
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have one to got it in 1989 as a highschool graduation gift. Just took it out of the basement to add to my desk. It has some internal problems if I remeber, Shutter currtain issue I think?
09-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here too

Mine is a nice, fully functional example. A Spotmatic with a K mount.

09-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

me too

Like many others, it was my first camera - I used my Dad's old Spotmatic and liked it so much I picked up a K1000 second-hand. Other than needing a little meter adjustment some years back, it's functioned flawlessly, even surviving being forgotten in the side pocket of a very heavy backpack that was then slung into the luggage compartment of a bus, side pocket down. Lens cover completely jammed in the cheap skylight filter (had to smash it to get them apart) but otherwise fine. Try doing that to a digital! Hm, I should get it out and finish that roll of film I put in over a year ago...

Julie
09-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I'm on my 2nd K1000, the first one got stolen out of my friend's car. It was my first SLR - many fond memories
09-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RedHawk Quote
I have one. I came as part of a lens package I bought on Ebay. It is totally beat up but everything works, except the meter. I use it mainly when experimenting with lens mounts (like M42 and T Mount modifications etc).
Use it for astrophotography. You don't need a meter for that. Just point it at the sky, open the shutter, and count.
09-26-2006, 05:40 AM   #11

Like many, my first Pentax. I've had mine for 22 years. It's now my "winter" camera, for cold weather pics. I've used it down to -10 F, without a hickup.
Even though it looks rough, it still works like new.
09-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Heh, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the old Pentax cameras proved more durable than the modern ones Same goes for the MF lenses...

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Had one, but sold it about six months after purchasing my first Ds body. The handwriting was on the wall . . . I wouldn't use the thing anymore. I purchased it about ten years previous at a pawn shop in Virginia Beach on a visit to see my duaghter. My MX was in the shop at the time and I didn't want to be without a camera. Got it for a decent price, sold it for less.

Just can't bring myself to sell my beloved MX. I've had that thing since 1976 and it has been a faithful companion. Haven't used in the past two years, but hard to part with it. Got the winder, cable releases, etc. Just can't part with it. Maybe I should take it downstairs and put it in the curio cabinet?
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The MX is a great camera- it has the larger viewfinder of all 35mm Pentax SLRs

It's definitely not something you want to sell!

Adam

09-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #15
Inactive Account

I bought one after my SuperProgram cameras began malfunctioning. It ended up being my primary camera in my final days of using film. An excellent basic camera.