Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #16

I have some film equipment I would like to donate, and would like to find out if you are even interested before sending anything in. Not Pentax, I'm afraid, but here's what I have.
camera body:
Yashica FX-3 Super
Yashica FX-103 Program

lenses:
Yashica 50mm
Tokina 35-105mm
Venus 80-200mm
Tokina 100-300mm

Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 flash

Yashica FX103 Winder

Please let me know if you are interested or not.

03-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #17

Old Pentax Camera & Lens

I have an Asahi Pentax S3 that has a 1:1.8/55 lens that you can have if you want. There is also a Pentax 1:35/135 lens as well.

If you want them I would be shipping them from Vancouver, BC, Canada.
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dougcary Quote
I have some film equipment I would like to donate, and would like to find out if you are even interested before sending anything in. Not Pentax, I'm afraid, but here's what I have.
camera body:
Yashica FX-3 Super
Yashica FX-103 Program

lenses:
Yashica 50mm
Tokina 35-105mm
Venus 80-200mm
Tokina 100-300mm

Vivitar Auto Thyristor 2800 flash

Yashica FX103 Winder

Please let me know if you are interested or not.
QuoteOriginally posted by deminuits Quote
I have an Asahi Pentax S3 that has a 1:1.8/55 lens that you can have if you want. There is also a Pentax 1:35/135 lens as well.

If you want them I would be shipping them from Vancouver, BC, Canada.
First, I am very sorry for the delayed response. I have been very busy the last couple of weeks. Today is the first time I have spent more than 5 minutes on the forum in over a month! Somehow I didn't notice that there had been an update to the thread.

Long story short, all the items that you both have listed wold be very useful. Of course we would love to have them! I'll send you both a PM with contact information. Thank you very much!
05-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #19

still interested?

I have a two non-Pentax bodies, a few lenses and some other photo equipment that I would be happy to donate to your school if you were interested.

05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If there is still interest, note that Henry's outlet store in Mississauga Ontario seems to have aquired a host of K1000 bodies and 50/2 lenses. They had at least 8 or 10 bodies there the last time I was in, and 5 or 6 lenses.

You could probably get lens plus body for about $100 cdn, lenses go typically for about $30 and I can't see a Kx body going for more than $70
05-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CatG Quote
I have a two non-Pentax bodies, a few lenses and some other photo equipment that I would be happy to donate to your school if you were interested.
I am very interested! Please email me at beswicks@coyote.csusb.edu so I can give you the details on shipping, et cetera.
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
If there is still interest, note that Henry's outlet store in Mississauga Ontario seems to have aquired a host of K1000 bodies and 50/2 lenses. They had at least 8 or 10 bodies there the last time I was in, and 5 or 6 lenses.

You could probably get lens plus body for about $100 cdn, lenses go typically for about $30 and I can't see a Kx body going for more than $70
Are these new? If not, the school cannot buy them. To be honest, I'm not sure we could buy from outside the country anyway.

05-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
Are these new? If not, the school cannot buy them. To be honest, I'm not sure we could buy from outside the country anyway.
a new K1000, where on earth would you find one, let alone 8-10,. no they are used, but just thought I would pass it along as information.

Don't you just love the stupidity of school boards, insisting you can't purchase anything used, even if it is either a) less expensive) or b) the only way today, that you can purchase a film camera

Talk about stupidity

you can always hit them for a donation but again, being a canadian outfit, a donation out of country does not help them
05-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The law exists so that he couldn't buy used cameras from his friends at inflated values or similar situations. So its a necessary inconvenience.

Who verifies your receipts? I have friends in such positions who have the sympathy of their overseers and are not against noble fraud to work around inconvenient bureaucracy. Suddenly the purchase of 10 refurbished K1000's becomes the cost to refurbish 10 K1000's that the school already owned. Probably even get a discount if you tell them you are a school and buy more than one.
You might also want to check the laws exact wording, you may be able to buy cameras used from certain types of places like other schools that are dropping their film programs.

Last edited by PPPPPP42; 05-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.
05-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi,

I have a couple of K1000s bodies & a 50 f:/1.8 I could donate if you still looking for stuff.

Cheers!

G
05-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #26

sent

I am very interested! Please email me at beswicks@coyote.csusb.edu so I can give you the details on shipping, et cetera.

The list is sent via gmail. Let me know if you are interested in any or all of the equipment.
05-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
Veteran Member

You could buy a brand-new postal box that may or may not contain cameras? Or maybe they may have once held a camera but someone may not be concerned if they're returned in some other state than that?

(Actually, as cost of refurbishment goes, I can't even send mail to my friends right now, but can lay in some light seals at least, while materials last if that's at all helpful. )
05-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Steve,

There are quite a few working Pentax cameras with lens(es) that qualify on eBay for $50 - $75 including shipping.

Can you accept such a donation? It would be painless for me (or others like me) to buy such a camera/lens pair & have it shipped to you - just a few clicks & no hassle of picking & packing etc. You might send a statement of some kind for the donor to use for deduction verification for the IRS.

It would be up to you to handle lemons received. I'd expect them to be rare.

Dave in Iowa

PS I'll buy one for you if you'd like a trial run.
05-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentakumar Quote
Hi,

I have a couple of K1000s bodies & a 50 f:/1.8 I could donate if you still looking for stuff.

Cheers!

G
We are always looking for stuff. Please send an email to beswicks@coyote.csusb.edu , and I can send you all the details. Thanks!
05-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PPPPPP42 Quote
The law exists so that he couldn't buy used cameras from his friends at inflated values or similar situations. So its a necessary inconvenience.

Who verifies your receipts? I have friends in such positions who have the sympathy of their overseers and are not against noble fraud to work around inconvenient bureaucracy. Suddenly the purchase of 10 refurbished K1000's becomes the cost to refurbish 10 K1000's that the school already owned. Probably even get a discount if you tell them you are a school and buy more than one.
You might also want to check the laws exact wording, you may be able to buy cameras used from certain types of places like other schools that are dropping their film programs.
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
You could buy a brand-new postal box that may or may not contain cameras? Or maybe they may have once held a camera but someone may not be concerned if they're returned in some other state than that?

Guys,

I appreciate the creative ideas, but those kind of actions are exactly the kind of thing that could end with me unemployed.