Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought a junker MZ-M for about $10 - put the screen in my PZ-1P - works like a charm!!

02-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
AF is cool, but not very precise when DOF is shallow. If you don't believe me, shoot the profile of your loved one with a 50mm lens at f/2 with focus on the eyelid.
On my MZ-5N, I switch to center spot AF and spot metering. My eye sight is still quite good for manual focusing and I also watch the hexagon to light up.

Last edited by violini; 02-04-2011 at 09:12 AM.
02-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If the MZ-m screen is interchangeable with the MZ-s and MZ-s screens are compatible with the Z-1p and this screen (from canon!) is compatible with the MZ-s then i would infer that it would work on the Z-1p. That's a lot of inference...

For the price of that screen, i could just buy an old MZ-m from ebay. Wonder if the Canon screen is brighter and more accurate with large aperture lenses.
Would you know if they modify the canon screen or if canon screen is compatible with the pentax Z-1p? If it were compatible, that opens the door too a big range of canon focusing screens. And according to ken rockwell, some are better for focusing with larger aperture than others: Canon 5D Focus Screens
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spare Tire Quote
Would you know if they modify the canon screen or if canon screen is compatible with the pentax Z-1p? If it were compatible, that opens the door too a big range of canon focusing screens. And according to ken rockwell, some are better for focusing with larger aperture than others: Canon 5D Focus Screens
They use the Canon screen as a blank and cut it down to size.

Steve

02-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #20

Original Poster
Called up pentax canada today. Got the split prism screen of the MZ-m for ~8$ + 10$ for shipping and stuff. Lot cheaper than OEM it seems!