Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2007, 10:34 PM   #1

Follow-up on 645NII package.

I saw all the items today and tried everything at a camera repair store, where I had the party drop it all off for trial. Lenses all very little wear, clean and functioned with camera fine. 2-backs very little wear. Adaptor some wear but fits fine. Camera very clean and very low wear. During camera testing, the camera shut down a number of times. Lost power so that the LCD went off and then after anywhere from several seconds to 1 or 2 minutes, power came back on by itself. Camera had several older lithium batteries mixed in with another brand of lithium I think. Seller said he hasn't used camera in 2 years when it worked fine. Low battery indicator didn't come on at anytime, but I see in instructions that Pentax says "don't mix brands or old with new, replace all at same time". Anything thoughts on this. Could the mixing of batteries actually do this? He is willing to come down in price somewhat because of the potential of repair. Estimate $200-400 by repair shop, IF SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY WRONG. Everything else worked fine, exposure and focus. He originally wanted $700. might come down to 450. or 500. which would cover me in case I really do need repair.
So, what do you think??
Thanks for you advice.
Jonathan

10-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #2

Original Poster
Follow-up on 645NII package.

By the way, when we tried the camera, we did not have the rear body cap installed if this makes any difference-but we did try it with the 120 insert on.