Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
if the ad he saw was the pentax girl it would be asia, those were great ads
huh, I would like to see said ads. the only ‘Pentax girl’ I know of is the one from the 60’s and she carried a spotmatic. had pigtails. I have some of the commercials saved from youtube. anyone have a link or something for me to see? id be interested to find a sales brochure from aisa, this case is quite intriguing to be honest!

02-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
huh, I would like to see said ads. the only ‘Pentax girl’ I know of is the one from the 60’s and she carried a spotmatic. had pigtails. I have some of the commercials saved from youtube. anyone have a link or something for me to see? id be interested to find a sales brochure from aisa, this case is quite intriguing to be honest!
she is who i was thinking of
great series of ads IMHO
02-11-2011, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #18
Banned

she is who i was thinking of
great series of ads IMHO
indeed! was she ever used in any print ads?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKut15_0uQ[/YT]
heres the character that appears on her dress, casually pointing at her derrière.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWDewkkkAI[/YT]
02-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
Veteran Member

indeed! was she ever used in any print ads?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKut15_0uQ[/YT]
heres the character that appears on her dress, casually pointing at her derrière.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWDewkkkAI[/YT]
i would think she was it seemed to be a well thought out campaign with consistency, it would have made sense to feature her in print as well. I love the Potato sack dress lmao, it's sooo sixties ( i can picture my older sister wearing one of these, around the time these were shot she was living on a farm in Spain with an artist and shooting with you guessed it a spotmatic

02-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #20
Banned

I would love to find a print ad featuring her. I have a lot of pentax literature and ads and I have actually done a few high res scans and then printed and framed some. she would be great to have framed on the wall. this was without a doubt one of if not the best ad campaigns Pentax had. it never occurred to me though that she might appear in a print ad. I will have to keep a look out now, but would it likely that she only appeared in asian or possibly only Japanese print?
02-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I would love to find a print ad featuring her. I have a lot of pentax literature and ads and I have actually done a few high res scans and then printed and framed some. she would be great to have framed on the wall. this was without a doubt one of if not the best ad campaigns Pentax had. it never occurred to me though that she might appear in a print ad. I will have to keep a look out now, but would it likely that she only appeared in asian or possibly only Japanese print?
that would be my guess
need to search japanese ebay i think
02-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
Banned

that would be my guess
need to search japanese ebay i think
I think I will have better luck looking through yahoo auctions Japan.

Last edited by séamuis; 02-11-2011 at 12:20 PM.
02-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In defense of eveready cases they do provide a degree of protection from bumps and bad weather.
For a camera body with single short lens (the way I most often shoot) I'd rather use an eveready case
and neckstrap than lug around a gadget bag full of gear I know I won't be using.

FWIW the part that remains attached to the camera makes the camera far more grippable.
Changing film as infrequently as I do removing it is no real problem.
Today these are sold as "half cases". They're popular among Leica users et al, and quite pricey.

Most used SLR cameras sold by private parties seem to include an eveready case;
apparently the original purchaser thought they're a good idea.
Further used cameras that were kept in one are usually in far better condition than those without.

I have alway found the amount of hate eveready cases generate among some quite humorous.
If they don't make sense for you don't use them, but please don't tell me I shouldn't like them.
You are welcome to laugh at me when you see me with my old-fashioned "neveready" case.
But rest assured others may be laughing at you with your ridiculous photo vest or backpack...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 02-12-2011 at 07:47 PM.
02-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #24
Banned

my SV pretty much lives in its original eveready case bottom-half. as you said, great protection and adds grip. but the only reason I use mine so much is because it doesn’t use a screw thread to connect to the tripod mount on the bottom of the body. it instead uses a strap that goes over the top plate from the back of the case and snaps on the front. I refuse to use any case that has the big screw knob on the bottom like the spotmatic cases, because you cant set it down right without it tipping over and it takes too long to get the case off.
02-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have Everyready cases for all my nine K series bodies. The KX I bought in 1975 still is in its original case and it's in great condition, considering where it’s been. If I take a camera bag, then I remove the top part of the case and the camera is still protected with the bottom half.

No issues loading film or mounting on a tripod.

Phil
02-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member

i developed a hate on for them when i was in school and shooting sports. now it wouldn't be a big issue, but then i could miss a big play because of it
by the time i left school i was shooting a nikon f woth a bulk film bacj. no need fro changing film, no way to use a neverreaddy
02-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got this special “long nose” Pentax everyready case on eBay, that will let you cover a short telephoto lens. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Phil
Attached Images

02-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
Most used SLR cameras sold by private parties seem to include an eveready case;
apparently the original purchaser thought they're a good idea.
Nope. They usually came with the camera - along with a strap and a 50mm lens.
(And an actual piece-of-paper warranty card.)
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With the K series, everyready cases were sold separately and came in their own box. Same goes for the lens, unless you bought a kit like the K1000 & K55/2.

Phil

Last edited by gofour3; 02-11-2011 at 08:07 PM.
02-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No SLR camera I ever purchased new came with an eveready case included.

Chris