Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Sorry to dredge this month-old topic, I've finally made the modifications to my PZ-1P. I did two things. One: On the right hand side of the pop-up flash, I made a small cutout on the body so that I could wedge my thumbnail inbetween the flash lid and the body itself, so that I could actually raise the flash. Two: Using some sprue (the plastic cage that holds model parts), and some super glue, I made a lock that fits neatly into the space behind the flash when it's fully extended. All I had to do was cut two pieces of sprue, and then glue them together! And I even managed to glue my fingers to the workpiece... (that's what's acetone's for!).

12-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My BBA (body buying addiction) revealed

About a month ago, I mention it here before that I go after a film body to learn about b&w and slides. And now I have a copy of pz-10, pz-20 and pz-1. I missed the menu on pz-1 but my pz-1 body costs me $99 with buy-it-now option and I get a good seller and the copy seems solid when I receive it as described. But I have to say if you are lower on budget, the pz-20 comes very close to pz-1 and it is half the prices if not more than the pz-1. My pz-20 is quite good for the price of taking off the lens' price is roughly $30.

For the manual zooms, I go after both the LX/MX but felt short in bidding. And I ended up with copies of p3n and p5 and they are solidly built. I got both p3n and p5 as alternatives to MX for about $10 each. I don't know which one model is better than the other but I tend to like the p3n with a shutter speed dial on top.

All the best to you.
Hin
12-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #18
Inactive Account

pz1

There is a PZ1 pkg on ebay now
06-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
PZ-1p broken Flash spring

[QUOTE=VF-19;115448]Just an update to the whole saga of the PZ-1p. Got it love it. Flash spring is busted (and with no parts to repair it too, according to the tech), but I think I can modify the camera body so that I can put in a key lock so the flash stays popped up.

I have a PZ-1p with the same problem but all it is is a small plastic hook that the spring hooks on. One day it just broke off. I think I can repair this problem if I can get into the flash area of the camera. Does anyone know where I can get a PZ-1p service manual that shows disassembly of the LCD section to get flash access?

That might be your problem as well so I wouldn't discount being able to fix the flash pop-up.