Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
Monochrome,
I'm with you on that. My 55mm is my 55mm, NOT my short tele. My short tele is my short tele. The 35mm is a wide-angle lens, not a standard lens. I want to be able to work with my lenses the same as I always have, changing to digital shouldn't HAVE to mean re-building the lens kit to fit a different sensor size. I like the FOV of my 135mm as is, I don't want to change it!
So you're right, I just overlooked that point, because I don't shoot digital. It hadn't occurred to me.
Hah Hah! Yep! My K10D still does everything I need as a hobbyist so I haven't upgraded (although a K-5 will be mighty tempting in about a year).

My FA35/2 seems as permanently attached to it as my K50/1.4 is to my KX (not really a compromise - I love that lens),

02-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Monochrome, funny thing, but my FA35 f2 lives on my K10D, too (when I'm not shooting theatrical productions at my school - then it's my old manual focus Hoya 135 f2.8).

Best,
Kevin
02-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hah Hah! Yep! My K10D still does everything I need as a hobbyist so I haven't upgraded (although a K-5 will be mighty tempting in about a year).

My FA35/2 seems as permanently attached to it as my K50/1.4 is to my KX (not really a compromise - I love that lens),
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Monochrome, funny thing, but my FA35 f2 lives on my K10D, too (when I'm not shooting theatrical productions at my school - then it's my old manual focus Hoya 135 f2.8).

Best,
Kevin
Same here! The 18-55 kit, 77 ltd, and Tamron 70-150 are in the bag with the either the Zenitar or the Sigma Macro, but it is the FA 35/2 that stays on the K10D.

Steve
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So, it being Pentax day and all, and I was cleaning out the film cabinet (I found film I didn't remember having)... I figured I'd show how to shoot film with a DSLR

02-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote

Best,
Kevin
SMC K135/2.5 lives on my K10d, when it isn't on the LX.

It would be hard to ask for just one thing, because if you have full frame, then you need a non-crippled mount and a large, bright viewfinder to take advantage.
02-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
Monochrome,
I'm with you on that. My 55mm is my 55mm, NOT my short tele. My short tele is my short tele. The 35mm is a wide-angle lens, not a standard lens. I want to be able to work with my lenses the same as I always have, changing to digital shouldn't HAVE to mean re-building the lens kit to fit a different sensor size. I like the FOV of my 135mm as is, I don't want to change it!
So you're right, I just overlooked that point, because I don't shoot digital. It hadn't occurred to me.

Well, I kind of have a different point of view, regarding the relative importance of FOV: to me, FOV is actually fairly important, (framing and where I am in space and how close I am to the subject is kind of important to how I think and work

...so, to me, different formats mean you get the different qualities that come with the attending focal lengths. I happen to get along OK with APS-C, actually. There's kind of an interplay there consequently I do use a 50mm on crop much like I use an 85 on full-frame, and a 110 on 645 in a fairly similar way, (Though there's obviously a lot of differences there) and so forth.

Basically, my accumulated habits and preferences mean I usually actually just don't mind APS-C for digital very often, so happy me, there, probably to about the same degree wide-angle fans might find APS-C just onerous. (First thing I did was order up an FA 50, with great enthusiasm, not a worry I was cropping a normal lens. I'd figured I'd be wanting a 58 Nokton, but I kind of love this one, so.... ) One thing about being a fan of the 85 in film and a low-light person is, I'd as often wish for a little more DOF as appreciate the shallowness of it. Fast 50's work. (Even if Sightseer reminds me how much more I like a 55-58mm lens as absolute focal lengths go. )

When I was still shooting film, someone was like, 'Hey, I know how you feel about zoom lenses, but this one's just for you:' Then they showed me a Tokina 60-120.

Full-frameness I could basically kind of take or leave, I'd just want the better finder.