Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Anyone else had a bad experience with cameraleather.com ?

Folks,

I have to let this out: I hate to tarnish the reputation of good stores but it has been almost three months since I ordered a blue skin for my Pentax MX and up to today, it has never been delivered and my emails to their support address received no answer!

I have seen a lot of good reviews for this website and was quite confident when I ordered. Am I the only to have had a bad experience with them?

:/

02-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Slowness at cameraleather is a recurring theme over at the Rangefinder Forum (RFF). The consensus over there is that it depends on the model of camera and on the requested material. The simpler kits tend to be delivered more quickly.

Steve
02-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Yes, I've had several skins from cameraleather, and usually it's quick and easy, but I did have one experience like yours.

Best skin I ever got was from Aki-Asahi Camera Coverings . It was inexpensive and quickly delivered, and turned out very nice. But they have been out of business for a while. Supposedly they were back up and running recently, but right now their website says they're down for flu. Probably another one-man operation.
02-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That's unfortunate Zav.
My one time dealing with them was fairly good. I wouldn't say the service was super fast but I did get the leather in a reasonable time frame. Aki-Asahi I would like to try on another body, but yes they seem to be "closed" a lot unfortunately, like for most of last year from memory.

3 months is too long without communication and it really annoys me when emails are not replied to at all. Are there any other contact details available? Maybe something has gone wrong from their side?

02-23-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
Banned

well this is all a bit distressing to be honest, as I just ordered a ‘restoration black’ skin from cameraleather.com for my SV the other day, when I noticed the original leatherette was starting to peel. hrmm, I hope I don’t end up in the same situation.
02-24-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Goddo, I have no idea of what's happening on their side. I don't really care waiting one month or two if I am told so at first!
And yes the lack of communication is really irritating!

Seamuis, wish you a better luck than me.

Thanks all for your support.
02-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
Goddo, I have no idea of what's happening on their side. I don't really care waiting one month or two if I am told so at first!
And yes the lack of communication is really irritating!

Seamuis, wish you a better luck than me.

Thanks all for your support.
Yeah I hear ya on the lack of communication thing. Do they have a phone number you can try and call??

Gives me doubts about ordering another kit myself for the time being.
02-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, no phone number, just an email :/

02-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #9
Banned

Well, no phone number, just an email :/
I think I'm going to try and email them, just to see what's up. It's been 4 dAys and I've got nothing from them since placing my order. No email, or order confirmation. No shipment notice, nothing. I'm a bit worried now, after reading this thread.
02-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #10
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh my god!!! It finally arrives!! Jesus!!
02-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #11
Inactive Account

this thread inspired me to do something I've always wanted to do. I went on ebay and bought some exotic leather (7" by 24") to put on my cameras
02-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

How did you go about it Prox-iee?
Did you just buy a sheet of leather to cut to size yourself? With adhesive backing or not?
I'm tempted to give this a go myself, though I bet it would be time consuming and fiddly. Satisfying though
02-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Oh my god!!! It finally arrives!! Jesus!!
Do you think that they became aware of the contents of this thread?!
Cheers, Pickles.
02-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
Inactive Account

yeah, I bought some stingray leather off of ebay. Its non adhesive and uncut. I have superglue and a scalpel for that
02-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prox-iee Quote
yeah, I bought some stingray leather off of ebay. Its non adhesive and uncut. I have superglue and a scalpel for that
Use Pliobond instead of super glue.

Steve