Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Spotmatic Guts

So much prettier than a manufacturer schematic.

02-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow!
Soooo many parts!
02-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
As I understand it, the basic mechanics (which were a decided if evolutionary improvement on the pre-Spottie SV and its antecedents) lasted all through the K series and even the miniaturized MX, until completely redone for the electronics of the ME, A, P series. Is that right?

How much of this, I wonder, would have been recognizable in the LX? Judging by the separate knobs on the pre-S2 cameras, and the differences in tiking noise as late as the MX, and the LX speed dial, there were separate systems for the fast and slow shutter speeds, 60 being the cutoff, more or less. I'm guessing the LX might still share some of the fast-speed mechanics, though it's all electronic for the slow speeds.

Are my guesses completely off?

---

By the way, I find the second jumbled look completely distasteful. In the arranged parts there is at least the possibility of reconstructing a wonderful mechanism. The jumble reeks of wanton destruction, like that fellow who photographed himself taking a heavy mallet to the old yellow SuperTakumar lens.
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I don't mind the second photo so much as it has more of a 3-d, floating look instead of looking so flat and engineered. I would like to know how he pulled off that effect.