Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #1

Confused about all the different mounts? Pk? PKA? M42?

I am receiving a Pentax K-7 soon! Yey! But i won't have any money to buy any new lenses, so i am seeing for any old manual focus lenses. Many have different mounts. Can someone explain them for me and recommend me cheap a M42 adapter for my Pentax K-7 Digital? Many Thanks, Kelvin

03-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See here:

Pentax K-Mount Lenses Explained: The differences between various Pentax lens series

Just ignore the P, as it stands for Pentax.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ahh i see, thanks for the link. I am considering a lens that will use a m42 adapter. Is there an adapter that will allow me to directly use it on a K7 body?
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kelvin.wong Quote
and recommend me cheap a M42 adapter
Don't buy the cheap one..there are some retailers in ebay selling the original one. It costs a bit more but it's easier to put on and off...it has to go all the way in, and those cheap who do are more encumbering (they come with a tool to remove them whereas the original will go in and out without trouble), and those who don't make you lose infinity focus.

03-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Site Supporter

+1

The genuine pentax one is about 25 used and 30 plus tax new
03-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kelvin.wong Quote
Is there an adapter that will allow me to directly use it on a K7 body?
Yes- see here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-manua...7-k-x-etc.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: