Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

I bought a brown leatherette K1000 SE :)

Updated with pics, here it is with a 50/1.4 I borrowed

Original post :

Hello from Maine,

I have a K-X I like a lot, and I have used the P30T film camera as well as K1000 and K1000 SE, the latter has the split prism focus screen I like.

I was looking on fleaBay for Pentax-A lenses and I found a nifty fifty with a camera body attached to it, it was the elusive brown K1000 SE I have heard about.

I bought it for $34 shipped

Cool huh ? I look forward to taking that mechanical wonder out and running a roll of film through it

I am curious if there is a way to tell what year it was made ?

OK have fun!
Craig

Last edited by spystyle; 05-24-2011 at 01:19 PM.
03-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I helped a young lady at my photo lab who was using (I believe) this exact model, leatherette and all.

What a lovely, lovely camera. I wish Pentax would bring this look back for one of their special editions instead of the silver variety. The titanium/silver K20D, K7, and now K5 all look great. However, this kind of classic touch is lacking these days.

I'm not sure if the K5 chassis could wear leather this well, maybe it could. Pentax, send me some mock-ups and I'll let you know!
03-31-2011, 01:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There appears to be a lack of definite information regarding date although several sources suggest the brown SEs were from earlier in the production run, i.e., c. 1976-1980.

K.
04-03-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I sawa ME SE on ebait the other day... it confused me.

04-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Yes, they also produced a very limited run of ME SEs. I wish they would have done an SE for the ME Super.
04-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Yes, they also produced a very limited run of ME SEs. I wish they would have done an SE for the ME Super.
I am pretty sure I have seen a few ME Super SE's on fleabay and according to the K Mount Page (ME*Super) they did make one.
04-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Interesting. I didn't know they made those too. All the Super SEs I've taken a look at on eBay (I'm not much of an eBay shopper) were incorrectly labeled ME SEs, instead of the Supers. Dimitrov's pages are a wealth of information aren't they? Thanks for the link.
04-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Interesting. I didn't know they made those too. All the Super SEs I've taken a look at on eBay (I'm not much of an eBay shopper) were incorrectly labeled ME SEs, instead of the Supers. Dimitrov's pages are a wealth of information aren't they? Thanks for the link.
Yes the ME SEs often get mislabeled. Not long after typing my last reply, a ME Super SE kit popped up on fleabay.

Dimitrov's site is a huge asset to the Pentax community. The amount of info on it is staggering. I wish there was a site like that for every camera brand I was trying to find info on the various Ricoh K mount bodies and there is alomst nothing out there short of searching fleabay and trying to discern the specs from the photos and if your lucky the listing has some info.