Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I bought one of the eBay MX half-cases, and it is quite nice. The bottom is quite thick (I think for structural reasons because the MX base is so thin and close to the lens) so it makes the MX feel larger - but it still handles well. However, after I bought it at $62.80 they raised the price for new orders by $100 - so no longer the bargain it was.
Name:  MX case.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  349.5 KB

02-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
Site Supporter

That's pretty sweet looking. The only one I see on there now is $162 (!). Do you have a link to where you bought it?
02-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
That's pretty sweet looking. The only one I see on there now is $162 (!). Do you have a link to where you bought it?
Same place - they raised the price to $162 a few days after I ordered. Doubt if they'll sell many at that price, so keep an eye on it in case they reduce it again.
02-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! $162 USD? I have been mulling the idea for some time of producing a line of "Made in USA" half cases. Perhaps now is the time. There was about a 20-year period when most of the cases sold with Japanese cameras were pure junk. Almost all have long-since disintegrated into dust. A decent replacement half-case can significantly enhance handling and can provide much needed protection to our precious vintage gear.

Steve

02-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Some less expensive alternatives are the Horusbennu (Korean) MX eveready case or aluminum grip, both available on eBay.
A Pentax Winder MX (also inexpensive) makes this diminutive camera handle better, too. I bought mine from KEH.

Chris