Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

functionality of a zx-50

where does this camera stand as far as general usability? how good is this camera aswell as aftermarket support (lenses filters accesories etc.)

i was left this camera with assorted lenses and i am new to film photography. ive just been shooting nonsense and stunt motorcycles (since i ride 7 days a week). i just want to know if this is suitable for what i am using it for, or is it outdated and something i might want to use for a little while then upgrade. i would definitely want to stay with a 35mm camera though. seems like it makes it almost like a sport to get the shots perfect since ive been shooting full manual.

any good or bad things that i should know about before i start getting more indepth with what i am shooting. money is not really an option and i would like to get some nice lenses since i only have 5 now.

any recomendations on "must have" lenses and filters? i am 100% new to this hobby and really enjoy it, but i would like to get the most fun out of this hobby that i can without limiting myself.

here is a link to some of the photos i have taken so far.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/13906-stunt-motorcycle-p...ew-camera.html

thanks for the advice
matty

11-03-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice little camera, not top of the line but very usable .
Read this about it's limitations.........

Features and Operation of the crippled Kaf Mount
11-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The ZX-50 cannot use the old manual focus Pentax "M" and "K" lenses, because they have no "A" setting on the aperture ring.

Being a full-frame camera it also cannot use the "digital only" "DA" lenses.

It can use all other lenses ("A", "F", "FA", "FA J" and "D FA").