Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #181
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote
Bummer, I know of an EBay vendor that has never done me or others wrong (100% approval, 3,000+ transactions) with a Yashica Electro GS, filters, wide and tele auxillary lens, hard case. If you want, I'll give you his name.
Sure, why not?
Just send me a PM as I welcome reputable sellers since I myself am a good payer.
Once I win a bid I immediately pay up, but I really hate it when sellers try to put one over me.
I have got quite a few on my watch list. If the bid goes higher than what I want to pay then I just pass it up.
If it is just about the right price that I want to pay but won't be able to make a bid on the last seconds, I just try to place a bid to a much higher price than I want to, if the last bidder still has a bid higher than that, then I just leave it for him to win.

05-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #182

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Sure, why not?
Just send me a PM as I welcome reputable sellers since I myself am a good payer.
Once I win a bid I immediately pay up, but I really hate it when sellers try to put one over me.
I have got quite a few on my watch list. If the bid goes higher than what I want to pay then I just pass it up.
If it is just about the right price that I want to pay but won't be able to make a bid on the last seconds, I just try to place a bid to a much higher price than I want to, if the last bidder still has a bid higher than that, then I just leave it for him to win.
Gerry, PM is on the way!
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #183

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruspeed Quote
Mine is not a GS, although I don't believe there is much of difference in the optics, just some internal focus gearing changes. Personally, I would search out a "GSN" not only due to the fact that they're potentially ten years newer, but the flash hotshoe would be very nice!
I'd have to check, but I think the GSN/GTN models may have a bit higher ASA scale too (mine goes up to 1000). I have a couple of old Popular Photography magazines; a few NYC wholesalers still had new GSNs listed as late as May, 1981 (and probably a bit later). $89.95 with case back then.
05-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #184
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote
I'd have to check, but I think the GSN/GTN models may have a bit higher ASA scale too (mine goes up to 1000). I have a couple of old Popular Photography magazines; a few NYC wholesalers still had new GSNs listed as late as May, 1981 (and probably a bit later). $89.95 with case back then.
That price for new is actually good! $90 bucks!
Prices haven't gone down a lot, now that people are going back to film.

05-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruspeed Quote
Mine is not a GS, although I don't believe there is much of difference in the optics, just some internal focus gearing changes. Personally, I would search out a "GSN" not only due to the fact that they're potentially ten years newer, but the flash hotshoe would be very nice!
Chris, I'm actually looking for a GSN now that Oly has been purchased..
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #186

QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Chris, I'm actually looking for a GSN now that Oly has been purchased..
$89.95 new then was not bad; I paid $240 for a Yashica FR-II in 1981 at a military PX. I have a '77-78 Sears Camera and Photo supply catalog; your Oly 35 rangefinder would have set you back $119.50 then. It's a neat item to look at now and then; these also appear on Ebay from time to time.