Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just bought K2 bundled with a lens and accessories off ebay!

It comes with the Pentax K2 body, and what looks to be a Pentax K 35mm/f3.5 lens and a bunch of accessories. Here is the link:

Pentax Camera Asahi K2 | eBay

I don't know what condition all the gear is in--looks good in the pics, including the camera case--but I won it all for $153 + $10 shipping. Seems like a good deal. I read a lot today here on this forum about the K2 versus K2DMD, KX, KM and K1000 before I made the purchase. (Actually I must confess I bought a KM with K 55/f1.8 lens as well for $99 before the K2--gonna need to sell at least the KM camera.. looks like it is good shape, maybe the lens too but I read this is a good lens.) I just signed up to this forum like 10 minutes ago, so HI!

This will be my first SLR camera I've owned since 1996! I am new here btw and have just an iPhone 4 for my camera, LOL.

I want to take better pictures of the food I cook and well I can't quite afford a used DSLR setup, so I'm buying old manual 35mm gear for now. I figure I can use the lovely pentax K & M lenses on a used DSLR pentax body later on and get nice results. Besides I just miss the film days!

Um I also bought the Pentax-M 50mm/f1.4 for $95 today. So I got three lenses now:

Pentax-M 50mm/f1.4
Pentax K 35mm/f3.5
Pentax K 55mm/f1.8

I read the reviews and they all seem to be quite nice lenses. I don't know which to get rid of first, but I think I bought too much today! lol.. (Spent $370, gah).

04-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geekette Quote
It comes with the Pentax K2 body, and what looks to be a Pentax K 35mm/f3.5 lens and a bunch of accessories. Here is the link:

I don't know what condition all the gear is in--looks good in the pics, including the camera case--but I won it all for $153 + $10 shipping. Seems like a good deal. I read a lot today here on this forum about the K2 versus K2DMD, KX, KM and K1000 before I made the purchase. (Actually I must confess I bought a KM with K 55/f1.8 lens as well for $99 before the K2--gonna need to sell at least the KM camera.. looks like it is good shape, maybe the lens too but I read this is a good lens.) I just signed up to this forum like 10 minutes ago, so HI!

This will be my first SLR camera I've owned since 1996! I am new here btw and have just an iPhone 4 for my camera, LOL.

I want to take better pictures of the food I cook and well I can't quite afford a used DSLR setup, so I'm buying old manual 35mm gear for now. I figure I can use the lovely pentax K & M lenses on a used DSLR pentax body later on and get nice results. Besides I just miss the film days!

Um I also bought the Pentax-M 50mm/f1.4 for $95 today. So I got three lenses now:

Pentax-M 50mm/f1.4
Pentax K 35mm/f3.5
Pentax K 55mm/f1.8

I read the reviews and they all seem to be quite nice lenses. I don't know which to get rid of first, but I think I bought too much today! lol.. (Spent $370, gah).
Welcome to the PF and the film section. Nice pickup getting the K2 and K35/3.5, an excellent combo at a great price. Best send the K2 to Eric for a CLA.

Phil.
04-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I got a pair of K2s locally last year, with an M50/1.4 and a K50/1.2 lens. I was pretty impressed with the M50/1.4, but sold it because I was keeping the K50/1.2 and still have the FA43.

One or both K2s had the mirror stuck in the 'up' position, but I was able to work it loose fairly easily. You will also want to search online if you have trouble moving the ASA ring - it's not too bad once you learn how to do it right. Batteries are still readily available for the built-in metering system, so you should be OK there, and naturally you'll download the original manual from the Pentax website.
04-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Lens Buying Addict

Pentax-M 50mm/f1.4
Pentax K 35mm/f3.5
Pentax K 55mm/f1.8

The M is a great lens. The two K's approach cult status, especially the 35 (lately the 55 has had a surge). Some love and some hate the K2 - I love it. A few here swear by the KM.

Get the K bodies CLA'ed - at least the K2. Eric Hendrickson is the recommended go-to source for that here.

My advice - keep them all and control your future purchases until you learn what you have. Compulsive buying and selling to get just a bit "better" gear (LBA or Lens Buying Addiction) us quite common and rarely effective

Last edited by monochrome; 04-11-2011 at 06:00 PM.
04-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So I got the K2 with the K 35/f3.5 lens (and other accessories). The K2 body is very minty--above excellent condition aesthetically--however the mirror is stuck up and the curtain is stuck open. I can't turn the shutter dial either and I see no way to set the ASA lol! I have to read the manual now. The K 35/f3.5 lens is in mint condition. Both the camera and the lens came with the original cases both in excellent condition. Paid $150 for the body & lens along with vivitar 283 flash, flash filters, a photography vest (size medium), and a few other things.

The KM I got--also today--is in excellent condition. Very clean and functional. Maybe I won't need a CLA on this. It came with a K55/f1.8 lens which is in mint condition. Came with a case that isnt in the greatest condition and a nice vivitar polarizing filter. Paid $99 for both the body and lens.

How much do you think I could sell that K2 for if I had it CLA'd by Eric? The k35/f3.5 lens alone has gotta be worth like $110, so I spent around $40 for the K2 body. After it was CLA'd it would be a perfect functioning minty K2.

Well any help is much appreciated thanks!

Last edited by geekette; 05-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay I found where to set the ASA on the K2 lol.. ring around where the lens is--interesting.

Also I got--as part of the k2 bundle i got today--a Domke Photogs Size Medium khaki vest in excellent condition (with clear vinyl pass/id protector thingy in good shape). Vest looks unused. Doesn't fit me, so I guess I should sell it.
04-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Anyone mind identifying what these other accessories are that came with my K2 bundle?

Last edited by geekette; 05-04-2011 at 08:50 AM.
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #8
Forum Member

the tool in the second picture is to unscrew the crown on a lens body, to disassemble a lens.

the third one is probably a handle: you screw the black screw in the bottom of the camera body, and fit your hand in the plastic handle

04-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #9
Pentaxian

The third picture shows an accessory grip for mounting a flash. I have an identical one that came with my K1000. With some flashes you may need to put tape on the bottom of the flash shoe to insulate the bottom pin of the flash and allow you to fire it with a PC or other sync cord.
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Anyone mind identifying what these other accessories are that came with my K2 bundle?
Does that last bracket work fine i.e. is it strong and folds easily/locks easily?

If so I might be interested in it!
04-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
Site Supporter

The KM I got--also today--is in excellent condition. Very clean and functional. Maybe I won't need a CLA on this. It came with a K55/f1.8 lens which is in mint condition. Came with a case that isnt in the greatest condition and a nice vivitar polarizing filter. Paid $99 for both the body and lens.
A leather Spotmatic case will fit your KM. A little snug with the K55/1.8, but nice none-the-less.

Steve
04-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aheadfordinci Quote
the tool in the second picture is to unscrew the crown on a lens body, to disassemble a lens.

the third one is probably a handle: you screw the black screw in the bottom of the camera body, and fit your hand in the plastic handle
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
The third picture shows an accessory grip for mounting a flash. I have an identical one that came with my K1000. With some flashes you may need to put tape on the bottom of the flash shoe to insulate the bottom pin of the flash and allow you to fire it with a PC or other sync cord.
The first is a lens wrap...a nice alternative to a lens case.

Steve
04-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The lens spanner (tool in 2nd photo) is nice if you like disassembling lenses..
I tried to buy one of those but I finally decided to just to use a caliper.
It would still be fun to have one of those though. Mayeb you'ld like to give it away..