Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

View Poll Results: What do you shoot?
Film only 1612.70%
Film and Digital, digital more 5442.86%
Film and Digital, film more 2721.43%
Film and Digital equally 1612.70%
They still make film!? 1310.32%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #46
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Reno
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 19
Mostly I just use my LX and occasionally a p&s digital.
I had a canon digital a while back but was never happy with it and sold it with plans to upgrade. Money got tight (and I had K7 doubts) so never bought. Then I was given the LX and it has just been great to shoot film again with a quality camera and lenses.

05-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #47
Senior Member
rt22306's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 164
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Seven rolls of late production Panatomic-X just came in the mail today! Woo! Hoo!


Steve
My crisis has been averted; six rolls of XP-2, two of Plus X, six of the mass market Fujicolor 200 picked up today. I'll get some Tri-X or HP5 Monday when I pick up the prints from a roll of Portra.
05-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #48
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Photos: Albums
Posts: 202
I shoot film because the recreational shooting I do includes the therapeutic activity of manually setting the Pentax MX.

If they made an all-manual digital camera with exactly the same look, feel, size, weight, and lens interchangeability of the MX, I'd switch.

I'm not attached to film by itself, nor do I bother doing my own development. In fact, I have always regretted that the digital-film insert being prototyped about 10 years ago never made it to market, nor is ever likely to, given the overall switch to digital.

But the newer cameras and the way to work them just don't feel right, somehow.

Of course, if I were more serious about photography as such, I'd probably have a different opinion. But still -- shooting is a light, relaxing hobby, and though I try to take the best photos I can, I don't pretend to anything else.
05-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #49
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,106
QuoteOriginally posted by asaru Quote
If they made an all-manual digital camera with exactly the same look, feel, size, weight, and lens interchangeability of the MX, I'd switch.
I would definitely buy such a product. I would even give up the on-board flash, preview LCD, and AF if that is what it would take to get the size and weight down. Oh, and while they are at it, perhaps they could make it FF 35mm format as well


Steve

05-21-2011, 12:22 AM   #50
Junior Member
Dangerous Lee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near The Loop
Photos: Albums
Posts: 36
QuoteOriginally posted by asaru Quote
I shoot film because the recreational shooting I do includes the therapeutic activity of manually setting the Pentax MX.

If they made an all-manual digital camera with exactly the same look, feel, size, weight, and lens interchangeability of the MX, I'd switch.

I'm not attached to film by itself, nor do I bother doing my own development. In fact, I have always regretted that the digital-film insert being prototyped about 10 years ago never made it to market, nor is ever likely to, given the overall switch to digital.

But the newer cameras and the way to work them just don't feel right, somehow.

Of course, if I were more serious about photography as such, I'd probably have a different opinion. But still -- shooting is a light, relaxing hobby, and though I try to take the best photos I can, I don't pretend to anything else.
Yes! that digital insert was a very cool looking product, that I was very excited about. It is too bad they never got produced. I too would love a digital camera that is an exact copy of an MES or MX. I think there is a market for nostalgic digital cameras, someone just needs to take the risk. Until then, I am sticking with film and scanning.
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #51
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N.E. Oregon
Posts: 37
I have noticed a couple of you guys mention a digital insert. I think it woulda been great if it's what I think it is. I think there would be a whole new breed of amature photographers out there if they would produce such a creature.
Can ya expound of any of this? Who was doing it? What stopped it? some of us (mainly me) slow witted people would like to know.
06-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #52
Junior Member
Dangerous Lee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Near The Loop
Photos: Albums
Posts: 36
QuoteOriginally posted by 80turbota Quote
I have noticed a couple of you guys mention a digital insert. I think it woulda been great if it's what I think it is. I think there would be a whole new breed of amature photographers out there if they would produce such a creature.
Can ya expound of any of this? Who was doing it? What stopped it? some of us (mainly me) slow witted people would like to know.
It was called "silicon film", do a google search and you will find info, reviews and specs on it. It had such great potential and I hoped for it to hit the market. Unfortunately, the company went bankrupt, and the dream died.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
film, shoot
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you shoot more b&w or colour film? gofour3 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 10 10-04-2010 01:01 PM
Do I want to shoot weddings, in film? little laker Pentax Film SLR Discussion 28 04-08-2010 09:10 PM
Poll for Current or Former film shooting pro's MJB DIGITAL Pentax Film SLR Discussion 3 07-28-2009 06:22 AM
For Sale - Sold: Yashica T4 Super - 135 film point & shoot camera dave9t5 Sold Items 4 07-20-2009 05:32 PM
Does anybody here shoot just film? fishman Pentax Film SLR Discussion 51 12-03-2008 07:27 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top