Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
Pentaxian
ChrisPlatt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 4,858
QuoteOriginally posted by patrickth Quote
Oh, that can't be true. Everyone knows Vietnam combat photographers used Nikon F's only...

Chris

05-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
Senior Member
rt22306's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 164
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
If I had the luxury of just taking photos and not have my 9-5 job, then I will gladly sling all my cameras round my neck and just go around town taking snaps..
I might look like a fool..but a happy fool!
Thanks!
You spoke for a number of us on that one! The MX is a beaut; congrats!
05-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #18
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Oh, that can't be true. Everyone knows Vietnam combat photographers used Nikon F's only...

Chris
Haha..that's what I thought too!
This was partly the reason why I chose Nikon when I first started with photography.
I still do miss my F3HP 'coz it was the one I mostly and lastly used before I eventually tried a bridge camera and eventually to my Pentax DSLR.
05-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Oh, that can't be true. Everyone knows Vietnam combat photographers used Nikon F's only...

Chris
Dave did too, but only after he made enough money shooting with his Miranda to buy one. He got $40 per purchased photo back in the day. Trust me, getting a good paycheck took some real stones and Dave had them in abundance.

05-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #20
New Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Very moving and inspirational story Patrick!
Photogs like him have been everywhere risking their lives for the stories that only a picture can tell.
Instead of shooting guns, they where shooting cameras.
I'm glad you shared it!
This pic was taken the day I got the camera back from the shop. I love that camera.
flightline.jpg photo - Patrick Hughes photos at pbase.com
05-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrickth Quote
This pic was taken the day I got the camera back from the shop. I love that camera.
flightline.jpg photo - Patrick Hughes photos at pbase.com
Nice shot!
I am now in the process of testing with film since I already loaded this baby up.
Now, just to find enough subjects to finally finish the 24 shots.
Colored film since I don't have any local dealer selling B&W anymore..I don't think anyone is still selling B&W physically in a store anyway not unless one buys it online.
I maybe wrong about this but as far as my locality, nada B&W.
05-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,424
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
I don't think anyone is still selling B&W physically in a store anyway not unless one buys it online.
They do in Portland...Several stores here have B&W on the shelves.


Steve
05-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #23
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
They do in Portland...Several stores here have B&W on the shelves.


Steve
I'll patronize the colored film for now so that they will keep stocking the shelves.
It would be a pity if even the colored ones would be hard to come by locally.
It's good that you still have B&W there.

05-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #24
Pentaxian
ChrisPlatt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 4,858
Even the big chain pharmacies carry Kodak BW400CN, so-called chromagenic black and white film.
Processed in the same C-41 chemistry used for color film, most minilabs can develop and print it.

Chris
05-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #25
Senior Member
rt22306's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 164
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Even the big chain pharmacies carry Kodak BW400CN, so-called chromagenic black and white film.
Processed in the same C-41 chemistry used for color film, most minilabs can develop and print it.

Chris
I use it, and often go to the minilabs at Walgreen's etc. for processing. Word to the wise for those of us who do so; make sure that is marked black and white, tell them, whatever you must do to get it across. About a third of my BW400 rolls & prints come back pink/magenta!!!!
05-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #26
Veteran Member
GerryL's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 2,731
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote
I use it, and often go to the minilabs at Walgreen's etc. for processing. Word to the wise for those of us who do so; make sure that is marked black and white, tell them, whatever you must do to get it across. About a third of my BW400 rolls & prints come back pink/magenta!!!!
That sucks! You did your part and the mini-labs screwed your work!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, door, film, light, lot, mx, pentax, seals, strap, tested
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: LX, 100mm/2.8, 24-35mm/3.5, Canon P + meter, Oly 35RC mabelsound Sold Items 6 07-19-2010 08:45 PM
Anything to Pentax like the Oly 12-60/2.8 SWM? jah3 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 07-01-2009 08:36 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top