Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
the OM2s is on its way back to the seller... but Oops, I bought one again:

This is an Ansco Super Memar aka Agfa Super Silette, with a 6 element Solagon 50/2 lens. Film in it now, everything seems to work fine, except the vf patch is slightly low on alignment.
I take it the OM you won never got returned to the seller. I guess the "other" buyer made out like a bandit.

Last edited by Blue; 06-08-2011 at 02:54 PM.
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Bought an as-is lens based on the photos from a seller who doesn't know photo gear = mechanical fault in lens. Woohoo.

edit: fixed it, though!

Last edited by deadwolfbones; 06-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was the winning bidder of a superprogram camera for $19.99, the seller mentioned that the lens, PENTAX-A 1.2 50mm, was included. I've never seen a F/1.2 lens, so I was so excited. When I received it, it was just an el-cheapo F/2. I complained to the seller, he replied that he "correctly" described every thing printed on the lens, not differentiating between colon and decimal point.

Last edited by violini; 06-09-2011 at 08:31 AM.
06-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
I was the winning bidder of a superprogram camera for $19.99, the seller mentioned that the lens, PENTAX-A 1.2 50mm, was included. I've never seen a F/1.2 lens, so I was so excited. When I received it, it was just an el-cheapo F/2. I complained to the seller, he replied that he "correctly" described every thing printed on the lens, not differentiating between colon and decimal point.
This seems to be a rampant issue on a certain auction site.

I just bought a MZ-M for my brother. It was *cheap*. And it was *broken*. Load a roll of film, and it is promptly rewound back into the canister. Like the idiot that I am, I thought, "perhaps this is simply an anomaly." And then I wasted another roll trying it again.

Anyone know how I get my film back?

06-08-2011, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rbryant Quote
This seems to be a rampant issue on a certain auction site.

I just bought a MZ-M for my brother. It was *cheap*. And it was *broken*. Load a roll of film, and it is promptly rewound back into the canister. Like the idiot that I am, I thought, "perhaps this is simply an anomaly." And then I wasted another roll trying it again.

Anyone know how I get my film back?
There is a device available to "fish" the leader back out. Your local minilab might have one.

Steve
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #36
Veteran Member

My MZ-6 is programmed to leave the leader out after re-wind. After putting the film into the plastic container, I just throw it into the drawer. A few days later when I want to bring it to the store to have it developed, I get mixed up, don't know which one is exposed, which is not. In MZ-6, the film leader is never bent and indistinguishable from the new one.
06-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LOL yep. Not knowing much about APS film, the minilab lady finally wrote EXPOSED on it with a sharpie, after I'd brought it in for the 3rd time to be developed...