Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Who hasn't loaded 35mm film carelessly, not observing the rewind knob,
then after shooting away happily later got a very unpleasant surprise?

Chris
Yeah, the film counter lies to me all the time.

05-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Don't ask me howcome I knew that
HaHa! At least now I know to trust my instincts about this stuff.
05-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Getting back into developing my own B&W film - on the first roll, I see that the negs are orange and kind of thick, gee did I mess up mixing the chemistry ? no . . did I somehow mix up the sequence dev-stop bath-fix ? no. oops, color film
05-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by denpapp Quote
Getting back into developing my own B&W film - on the first roll, I see that the negs are orange and kind of thick, gee did I mess up mixing the chemistry ? no . . did I somehow mix up the sequence dev-stop bath-fix ? no. oops, color film
Ah, you progressed directly to cross processing, aka film-drag

Did anything come out?

05-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Burned by the seller reading the filter and not the lens
Burned WAS the seller reading the filter!

I saw an auction for a Tiffen/Kodak 105/4.5 lens. After zooming real close on the listing photo, I bid, and nobody else did. So I got a Steinheil Culminar VL macro-bellows lens with Tiffen filter and series IV adapter, and metal Kodak lens hood, real cheap.

Oh, this thread is now about all the funny things we've done to/with film? I try to forget those. Like the time I realized I' shot half a cart of Plus-X at ASA 100 and the other half at 400. So I rewound the roll halfway, cut the strip, and developed each half separately. Only blasted a couple shots IIRC. And some double exposures were deliberate, or so I try to tell myself. No, no, I must forcibly forget these things...
05-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #21
Forum Member

I'm only learning about this film photography stuff and I've been looking to get a wide angle lens instead of using the narrow end of an A28-80 zoom that just doesn't "feel nice" (it's all a bit loose) . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . and the purchase of an M 28mm lens has resulted in £130 ($230 US??), a completely surplus A 50mm f1.7, M 200mm f4 that will get used . . . . and a silver MX I don't need

I should have spent no more than £75 on a 'buy it now' M28 from that internet auction site (they seme to be more expensive on this side of the pond with some on BIN for over £100), but don't feel I've done too badly after spending the extra £60 - not yet at least . . . things may well change should I take delivery of some paperweights
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, you progressed directly to cross processing, aka film-drag

Did anything come out?
lol accidental cross processing yep Jussi, other than being orange they didn't come out too bad, but since i (fortunately) didn't shoot anything too critical, i didn't try to print them and tossed them. Good lesson learned though, actually look at the roll before loading it on the reel. Another good thing, it was 120 6x7 so there were only 10 exposures tossed.

05-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oops, I bought one again... and bought one again again... I gotta stop sittin by the dock by the bay, watching deals go by my way... Sunday nite I saw a lens I hadn't really wanted to own but someone had said nice things about it... got into a bidding war but came away the winner... damn those bidding wars anyway... $7.40 for a Rokkor 1.7/50 (guess they didn't know of my $8 limit...)
And while I'm writing about that one, an OM2s just happened to drop in my lap for $26 (mine has become a bit flaky electrically, but I can move the Beattie screen from old to new)... guy said the electronics etc. are working great, the body looks about as beat as mine, and he lists as a fault the silver battery cover. AFAIK mine came with a silver battery cover
05-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
Veteran Member

My most recent-
Putting film in Ricoh before a concert.
Already late, my friend starts yelling.
I grab a roll of Superia 800 from the pile. Leader looks alright, I put it in.
During the show, in very subdued light, I changed rolls. I got home with one roll of Kentmere properly exposed and ready to push at ISO 1600, and then I pull out the superia. I turned the canister over, and, HORROR, FRAME 14 PUSH AT 3200 is scrawled on it. I double-exposed 14 frames and created a two-stop difference in exposure.

Also I own 4 cameras and something like 11 lenses. Too much gear by far, and I have a camera showing up in the mail any day now....
05-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't ask me howcome I knew that
I have done just the opposite several times thinking a roll was exposed when it wasn't. BTW, I have a couple of 135mm lenses you probably don't have if your interested . . .
05-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Albinar is an interesting lens... and the Minolta is practically new in the box... the ebay godz have been good to me lately (this seems to be streaky - sometimes I get a couple of real bonehead duds in a row and wow never to suck the bottom again... but then the good things happen and I'm hooked)

Last edited by Nesster; 05-19-2011 at 03:48 AM.
05-27-2011, 04:59 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Grrrr... so the ebay seller had two OM2s's for sale. The one I bid on was in good shape, functional, and with a MC Zuiko lens. The other one had peeling leather, locked up transport, and a non MC Zuiko. Guess which one the idiot seller sent me? And guess which winner of the non-functional camera is very very pleasantly surprised right about now...
05-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #28
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Grrrr... so the ebay seller had two OM2s's for sale. The one I bid on was in good shape, functional, and with a MC Zuiko lens. The other one had peeling leather, locked up transport, and a non MC Zuiko. Guess which one the idiot seller sent me? And guess which winner of the non-functional camera is very very pleasantly surprised right about now...
I had that happen to me twice over the years. Once it was in my favor and the other it wasn't. I got things swapped back around in both cases on the on and the other one was with a model railroad car that was worth about 4x the one I got. They never gave me shipping when I sent the car back. I should have just resold it! I try to do things right though.
05-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Back in the day when a student and I couldn't afford to run much film through the camera (Olympus Trip) I forgot to push the little button on the bottom in before rewinding.

I was shaking confetti of film out of the body for a couple of months after that. The film was still able to be developed but the technician must have been cursing.

Didn't forget again.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Me too...
Me three
06-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
the OM2s is on its way back to the seller... but Oops, I bought one again:

This is an Ansco Super Memar aka Agfa Super Silette, with a 6 element Solagon 50/2 lens. Film in it now, everything seems to work fine, except the vf patch is slightly low on alignment.