Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 148 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Isn't that one of the cameras that focuses by moving the film plane (possibly also the pressure plate) to focus??
Not the Contax RTS but the Contax AX can auto focus using the existing manual focus lenses.

07-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Isn't that one of the cameras that focuses by moving the film plane (possibly also the pressure plate) to focus??
My first 35mm camera also moved the film plane to focus. It was an early 1950s Stereo Realist (3-D) slide camera that was quite a fad back then. It used 2 lenses at normal eye spacing, and so moving the film - with the pressure-plate springs allowing the motion - made more sense than trying to sync the two lenses. I used it into college, 1964, and then got a Pentax. Of course, NOTHING was autofocus back then.
07-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got a lead on a 645 film i might try and aquire this weekend.

Also been wanting a P6 and an Auto 110 latley too...
07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #124
Veteran Member

ME (Velvia 50)
LX (awaiting CLA)
Z-1P (about to be Neopan 1600)

07-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #125
JFN
Veteran Member

MZ-M, 5n, 6, 7 (x2), 50

and always looking out for more units of the M and the 6.
08-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #126
Pentaxian

K2, 645, 6X7, Nikon F, Tele-Rollei TLR
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #127
Veteran Member

SV,KM,SF1 in pentax, ETRSI bronica, Super 23 Mamiya, Fed 4, Fed 5 and several P&S (oly,Konica,Canon....)

08-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(Listing only SLRs and only Pentax)

MX
ME Super (2, one for spares)
Super A (2, one for spares)
SFXn
Z20
MZ10
MZ5n (3, two for spares)
08-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #129
Veteran Member

This is the list of working cameras - except for the Pentax K10 which is still being repaired. It's digital as well, as is the NEX and the Canon G3. I just pasted the list.

Pentax K10
Pentax MG
Pentax S1a

Minolta XD7 ( black )
Minolta XD7 ( chrome )
Minolta 7000i
Minolta 5000i
Minolta 7000
Minolta 7000
Minolta HiMatic F rangefinder

Canon AE1P
Canon EOS600
Canon G3
Canon Ixus

Zorki 4k

Practika MTL50
Practika MTL5

Rank Aldis ( Mamiya 4B )

Voightlander Bessa
Voightlander Perkeo

Sea and Sea Motormarine 2

Sony NEX 5

Samsung Vega 140S

Unnica rangefinder

Zenit B
Zenit E
Zenit EM

Chinon CE-5

Olympus OM1
Olympus OM 30
Olympus XA2

Mamiya C3

Kodak Coronet.
08-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #130

Just my little K1000.

Wow, so jealous of everyone's collections!
08-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #131
Veteran Member

Picked up an original 645 today for 2,940 yen (about $35). The tag said it was broken. I asked what was wrong and the clerk said they put fresh batteries in it and nothing happened. (I start to get interested!) I ask if I can have a look and find that the exterior is in pretty good shape with just a few scratches. I turn the power on and see that all the menu settings are accessible. (More good news) I then pull off the body cap and see that the mirror is stuck in the up position. (Interest rises dramatically!) I turn it over and see that the little tool for manually dropping the mirror is there. (I'm liking this!) I ask the clerk for a coin, unscrew the tool from the base and screw it into the side of the body while the clerk looks on with a curious expression. Then I hand crank it until the mirror drops. I open the back, turn it on and guess what? It works perfectly. The clerk looks surprised so I quickly say, "That's a good price. I'll take it!" Some days it's just plain fun to visit used camera stores!!!
08-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #132
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Picked up an original 645 today for 2,940 yen (about $35). The tag said it was broken. I asked what was wrong and the clerk said they put fresh batteries in it and nothing happened. (I start to get interested!) I ask if I can have a look and find that the exterior is in pretty good shape with just a few scratches. I turn the power on and see that all the menu settings are accessible. (More good news) I then pull off the body cap and see that the mirror is stuck in the up position. (Interest rises dramatically!) I turn it over and see that the little tool for manually dropping the mirror is there. (I'm liking this!) I ask the clerk for a coin, unscrew the tool from the base and screw it into the side of the body while the clerk looks on with a curious expression. Then I hand crank it until the mirror drops. I open the back, turn it on and guess what? It works perfectly. The clerk looks surprised so I quickly say, "That's a good price. I'll take it!" Some days it's just plain fun to visit used camera stores!!!
Damn, what a bargain!
08-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Good score, I'm not surprised however that the store didn't know what the issue was, lately all you get are clerks not someone who actually knows anything about photography
08-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #134
Veteran Member

I was actually a bit surprised as that particular store has employees who are generally pretty knowledgeable, but they definitely missed the mark on this one!
08-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #135
Veteran Member

Asahi SP, Asahi SPII, Honeywell SPII, Honeywell SPII (black, currently non-functional), Asahi SP-F (black), ME Super, Pentax P3, Asahi KX (black), Sears GAF-LES (Chinon CE), Ricoh KS (non functional), Yashica FX2, Yashica FRI, Canon AE-1, Minolta XG-1, Minolta X700, Nikon EM. Which is entirely too many SLR's for me. A lot of this is up on CL for sale as I type. I'm into keeping my main SP's, Queenie and the black SP-F, of course, my KX, my GAF, my FRI, but I'm likely to sell the rest of it if I can ever move it. I can handle half a dozen bodies, but 15 is way too much for me. I only have half of them because I haven't had much luck at selling much. I don't shoot with the Nikon, Canon or the Minolta gear much at all though I rather like the Minolta. I use the Yashica stuff once in a while but not nearly as much since my SP-F joined us. I'm definitely a Pentax person. 9 times out of 10 I'm reaching for a Pentax body or a Pentax mount body.