Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 148 Likes Search this Thread
06-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #361
Veteran Member

My latest and hottest film body is the Agat 18K. Looks like a toy camera. Feels like a toy camera. Hopefully the pics are better than the look and the feel!

06-16-2021, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #362
Veteran Member

My bag o cameras...

06-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #363
Veteran Member

Does anyone else have 13 of the exact same camera? All loaded with the same film? At the same time?
06-26-2021, 08:16 PM   #364

Photos: Gallery
In 35mm, my drawers contain an OM-1n, Pentax SF-7, P50, Praktica LTL, Cosina Hi-Lite, Zorki-4, Ricoh SInglex (Nikon Fit), and a Zeiss Werra.
Two basic fully manual K-mount Cosina and Chinon bodies will be joining them soon, as I like to have something totally manual to back up my P-K D kit if needed, and just for the odd day spent shooting film only.
This way, I'm never stuck for something to shoot with, and when I want to go over to the Nikon Dark Side, I can use the Singlex and the various Tamron Adaptall-2s with it.

06-26-2021, 11:36 PM - 2 Likes   #365
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well... I have a sort of confession to make .

When covid started in Finland around March/April 2022 I pulled my mom's old Zenit 122 & Helios-44M-6 out of the closet and bought some film. I've used the lens with an adapter on Pentax DSLR's, but last time I had used that camera was in 1998 or so. I instantly fell in love with every aspect of shooting film and that's when things got "a bit" out of hand. In little more than a year I've bought almost 50 cameras and film tested and serviced almost all of them myself (cleaned, changed light seals & mirror bumbers and lubricated jammed parts when I have founded instructions). I've burned around 100 rolls of film in little more than a year. Attached a picture of the camera that ignited this disease and the very first shot I took with it on Fujicolor C200.

If some of you knows a cure for this, please let me know .

Pentax
K1000
MX
ME
ME Super (silver)
ME Super (black)
Program A Plus
Super A
LX (serviced by pro)
SFX
Spotmatic SP
Spotmatic F

Minolta
SRT 303 (jammed)
XD 7 (aperture preview mirror detached)
X-500
X-700 MPS
X-700 MPS (jammed)
Dynax 505si Super
Dynax 5

Canon
F-1n
A-1
AE-1
AE-1 Program

Nikon
FM2n
FE2
FA (serviced by pro)
FG
EM

Olympus
OM-1n
OM-2n
OM-2SP (jammed)

Zenit
TTL
3M

Fujica/Porst
AX-1 (gets jammed every once and a while)
CR-7 (full program mode doesn't work properly)

Ricoh
XR-S
XR-P
XR-X

Praktica MTL3

Leica R5

Rangefinders & P&S’s
Yashica Electro 35 GS
Petri 7s f2.8
Canon Canonet QL17 GIII
Ricoh 35 ZF ST
Canon Demi EE17
Voigtländer Vitoret (not tested with film)
Smena Symbol (not tested with film)
Agfa Iso-Rapid IF (not tested with film)

---------- Post added 27-06-21 at 10:18 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Huss Quote
Does anyone else have 13 of the exact same camera? All loaded with the same film? At the same time?
I’m eager to hear the explanation behind this
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SP-3000  Photo 
06-27-2021, 04:58 AM   #366
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I went on a similar buying spree (though maybe only 25 cameras), though I ended up consigning most of the functional ones through the shop down the street.
I ended up with a couple of neat things for me, too, though, including a new winder for my ME-F and a couple of weird lenses.

My consignments paid for a new Sony HX99...

-Eric
06-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #367
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Finntax Quote
Well... I have a sort of confession to make .

When covid started in Finland around March/April 2022 I pulled my mom's old Zenit 122 & Helios-44M-6 out of the closet and bought some film. I've used the lens with an adapter on Pentax DSLR's, but last time I had used that camera was in 1998 or so. I instantly fell in love with every aspect of shooting film and that's when things got "a bit" out of hand. In little more than a year I've bought almost 50 cameras and film tested and serviced almost all of them myself (cleaned, changed light seals & mirror bumbers and lubricated jammed parts when I have founded instructions). I've burned around 100 rolls of film in little more than a year. Attached a picture of the camera that ignited this disease and the very first shot I took with it on Fujicolor C200.

That is fine collection you have going!

I'm curious whether these were local or auction acquisitions?

I'm afraid we're the sort that may add fuel to the fire rather then extinguishing it . . .

06-27-2021, 11:54 AM   #368
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
That is fine collection you have going!

I'm curious whether these were local or auction acquisitions?

I'm afraid we're the sort that may add fuel to the fire rather then extinguishing it . . .
Mostly from eBay, Catawiki, Etsy, but also locally from Finland. These guys have pretty impressive film camera store: Products - Kameratori
06-27-2021, 12:30 PM   #369
Pentaxian

Mostly from eBay, Catawiki, Etsy, but also locally from Finland. These guys have pretty impressive film camera store: Products - Kameratori
That store might be the equivalent of KEH Camera in the US.

BTW, if you didn't already know Butkus Camera Manual Library is a good site for manuals for these kinds of cameras.
06-27-2021, 06:39 PM   #370
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone gave me a K1000 that had been theirs years ago, with an M50/2, it's in really nice shape. I like it better than I thought I would. It's also K mount. Did the K1000 span the M42 and K mounts? I know I had one in the past but pretty sure it was M42.
06-28-2021, 01:53 AM   #371
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
That store might be the equivalent of KEH Camera in the US.

BTW, if you didn't already know Butkus Camera Manual Library is a good site for manuals for these kinds of cameras.
Yeah, it's pretty similar. They acquire film gear all over the world and co-operate for example with these guys: Home | CatLABS

Butkus is the site I use if need to check something from manuals
06-28-2021, 12:39 PM - 1 Like   #372
Forum Member

Latest list:

Pentax
SV
SP1000
Electro Spotmatic x 2
ES
ES2
K2 x 2
K1000
ME
MEF x 2
MV1
P30n
P30t
Z-1
Z-1p
MZ30 x 2

Chinon
CE-4s
CE-5s
CM-4

Minolta
7000i
8000I x 2 (Mir edition, with matching lens and flash)
5xi
7xi

Zenit
TTL x 2 (Moscow Olympics version)

Rollei
Prego Zoom

I've trimmed the collection quite severely recently (while also acquiring some new ones, like the K2's). I've cleared out two thirds of the Minoltas and most of the more modern Pentaxes - all the SF, Z and MZ's except as described above and a couple of basket cases mentioned below. I think I'm developing an aversion to plastic. The Z1-1(p)'s are too brilliant to get rid, though, and I have a bizarre fondness for the little MZ-30.

I have kept one example of an MZ-10 and a ZX-7 with the gear problem because some time ago in a moment of enthusiasm I bought a couple of brass gears which I might get excited and try to fit one day. MZ/ZX's with bust gears are basically landfill. I seem to have handled dozens of the things and they just don't survive. The MZ-30's seem to be an exception , maybe because they were relatively late production.

Next acquisition would be a Zenit-B, the latter being my first SLR back about 1972. it failed ca. 1980 and was replaced with the very same Chinon CE4s which I still own. Which in turn was replaced in 1984 with my first MEF which was my only camera in use up to 2000-ish when it was supplemented with the Rollei as a pocket camera. The MEF is currently off for a CLA and a fix to its flash synchronisation.

Last edited by redbirdpete; 06-28-2021 at 01:21 PM.
06-28-2021, 01:26 PM - 2 Likes   #373

If you're married, I suggest calling the best family law attorney in town and asking what he or she charges per hour. That is a pretty effective antidote to Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
06-28-2021, 01:38 PM   #374
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AAlfano Quote
If you're married, I suggest calling the best family law attorney in town and asking what he or she charges per hour. That is a pretty effective antidote to Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Strangely my obsession with acquiring far too many cameras only kicked in after my poor wife passed away (cancer) .

Up until then I basically only had one in use at a time . After the MEF/Rollei combo I had a K100D she bought me. So up to then, if my count is correct, 7 cameras in 40 odd years. Since then. 40+ cameras in 7 years :-) - many since resold again.

No doubt a psychoanalyst would have endless fun with this.
06-29-2021, 07:30 PM - 2 Likes   #375
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redbirdpete Quote
No doubt a psychoanalyst would have endless fun with this.
Well we certainly don't like those psycho analysts and their constant probing and prodding . . . Always asking why I need this doohicky or thingamabob . . . All I say is it makes me happy . . .