Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2021, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #421

Fun news.

I was clearing out a room and I found a minty fresh P30T body. I totally forgot I even bought it, or more to the point I thought I sold it. Anyway, I love how the P30T handles so I think I'm going to hang onto it for those days when comfort is my number 1 priority.

08-05-2021, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #422
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HistoryMilkshake Quote
Fun news.

I was clearing out a room and I found a minty fresh P30T body. I totally forgot I even bought it, or more to the point I thought I sold it. Anyway, I love how the P30T handles so I think I'm going to hang onto it for those days when comfort is my number 1 priority.
See, that's why I never store my cameras in the spice cabinet next to the chewing gum...

It's like finding money in a jacket pocket...

Enjoy your "new" toy

-Eric

Last edited by TwoUptons; 08-05-2021 at 01:37 PM. Reason: somehow got double-posted
08-06-2021, 05:29 AM   #423
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fun news.

Christmas has come early!
08-06-2021, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #424

Fun news.

P30T is a fun camera, and one of the best used buys in the Pentax range now since they are not very popular. For a plastic body they feel reassuringly solid and well built. Viewfinder is nice and bright and easy to focus.
Negatives for me are a loud mirror/shutter with a tinny ringing sound. I also find it hard to read the shutter speed LEDs in bright conditions. However you can’t be too fussy about such things for a camera that only costs as much as a few films.

08-07-2021, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #425
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was recently given two K1000s, so now I have three K1000s and an ME.
08-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #426

QuoteOriginally posted by andrewd Quote
P30T is a fun camera, and one of the best used buys in the Pentax range now since they are not very popular. For a plastic body they feel reassuringly solid and well built. Viewfinder is nice and bright and easy to focus.
Negatives for me are a loud mirror/shutter with a tinny ringing sound. I also find it hard to read the shutter speed LEDs in bright conditions. However you can’t be too fussy about such things for a camera that only costs as much as a few films.
I changed the mirror bumper to a denser foam. It's probably not ideal for the mirror but it's taken a lot of that "ping" sound away. I'm going to keep it as a colour film body. I usually shoot black and white but sometimes it's nice to change it up without having to commit to using the whole film in one go.
08-12-2021, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #427
Veteran Member

Just acquired a P30t myself recently. Got it as part of a collection of stuff being sold off by a nice German gentleman living in California but about to retire and travel the world in an RV. So the LXs had to go along with the P30. It came with a roll of film in it and was on exposure 10 so I’m still working my way through that roll. It’s an enjoyable camera and see why it’s liked by those in the know.

Not sure how much I’ll use it though. I shoot a little less film since I got the K-70 and I’ve also got a K1000, ME Super, Program Plus, Spotmatic etc that need to be exercised too.

08-12-2021, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #428
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Have a well used K2 that got me through college yearbook, newpaper and plenty of beer money!

And while not a Pentax per se, a Ricoh XR-2s with a "motor drive".

Both properly stored.

Neither have run film for many years.

I should do that...

Joel
08-13-2021, 08:17 AM   #429

I changed the mirror bumper to a denser foam. It's probably not ideal for the mirror but it's taken a lot of that "ping" sound away. I'm going to keep it as a colour film body. I usually shoot black and white but sometimes it's nice to change it up without having to commit to using the whole film in one go.
Agree that some servicing would likely improve the sound. Many cameras have internal foams to dampen the mirror return springs and I suspect these are in poor condition in my camera.
09-20-2021, 05:47 PM   #430
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

LX for colour film, KX for B&W.
Daily driver is a KP though, zero consumables and better IQ finally won me over
09-21-2021, 08:23 PM   #431

QuoteOriginally posted by Farside Quote
In 35mm, my drawers contain an OM-1n, Pentax SF-7, P50, Praktica LTL, Cosina Hi-Lite, Zorki-4, Ricoh SInglex (Nikon Fit), and a Zeiss Werra.
Two basic fully manual K-mount Cosina and Chinon bodies will be joining them soon, as I like to have something totally manual to back up my P-K D kit if needed, and just for the odd day spent shooting film only.
This way, I'm never stuck for something to shoot with, and when I want to go over to the Nikon Dark Side, I can use the Singlex and the various Tamron Adaptall-2s with it.
Recent additions include a Chinon CE-4 with m/d, Vivitar 2000, an OM-40, and a Winder II for the P50.
Decided I've really got enough 35mm film cameras for now, but a Nikon FM is really pulling at me.
09-21-2021, 11:55 PM - 1 Like   #432
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The most recent addition is a Bronica SQ-a with a very interesting prism finder. I need to sell my ETRsi system now though to cover the cost.
09-22-2021, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #433
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My most recent film camera to see the light of day (after a lengthy sleep in a box in the attic) is an S2 Super. The shutter still sounds pretty nice.
09-22-2021, 05:34 PM   #434
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

oh recent additions in the past 2 weeks...
a Minolta A5 1000 rangefinder, an Olympus Ace-E rangefinder, a black Nikon EL2 and a Nikon N90s. The rangefinders are parts bodies but I'm hoping to get the Olympus functional.

---------- Post added 09-22-21 at 05:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Farside Quote
Recent additions include a Chinon CE-4 with m/d, Vivitar 2000, an OM-40, and a Winder II for the P50.

Decided I've really got enough 35mm film cameras for now, but a Nikon FM is really pulling at me.
me too on the Nikon FM... I keep bouncing from the FM to the FE2 to the FA to the F100 to a F4e... then back to the FM. I was avoiding the Nikon AF bodies until I got a throw in N50 with a PZ20 purchase ... which then led me to a N90s. I should get the FM... I wanted once since 1979 but the Pentax MX was $50 cheaper at the time so I ended up in Pentax. Only in the past 18 months or so have I started getting some Nikons... starting with an F2A.
09-23-2021, 12:40 AM   #435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
me too on the Nikon FM... I keep bouncing from the FM to the FE2 to the FA to the F100 to a F4e... then back to the FM. I was avoiding the Nikon AF bodies until I got a throw in N50 with a PZ20 purchase ... which then led me to a N90s. I should get the FM... I wanted once since 1979 but the Pentax MX was $50 cheaper at the time so I ended up in Pentax. Only in the past 18 months or so have I started getting some Nikons... starting with an F2A.
I would stop hesitating. Nikon F range cameras have been consistently going up in price over the last few years. The FM is the cheapest option, but still the prices keep going up. I do not personally own a FM, but I do own the FM2, FM2/T and FA. When compared to the MX the FM2 does feel a bit agricultural, but more solid. Both the FM2/T and FA are smoother in operation, but more expensive, the FM2/T considerably so. Honestly any of the compact F (not the FGs though) range are very good cameras. I would just get the one that best serves your needs and budget. You will be happy and likely have an appreciating value item if it is kept in good order. If you can afford to, I would go for a FM2/T or FM3a simply because if you hold onto either they will go up in value the most due to their rarity.