Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #1

SF-1 Repair

Hi, although I have owned a Pentax for many years, I did not know that this forum existed. so this is my first post. Thank you for the welcome, Adam. I have a problem that I hope folks on this forum can help me with.

My SF-1 quit advancing the film after two frames when loading a new roll, and the mirror is up. Pentax customer service told me that parts are not available for this model, as did an independent camera repair shop. I am trying to fix it myself, but got stumped. I have the top off, but can't figure out how to remove the metal plate to which the flash shoe is mounted.

Can any of the DIYers here tell me how to dismantle this body to reach the drive mechanism?

Thanks, Mike

06-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This one might be hard as the camera is quite old- perhaps someone has a copy of the service manual lying around, as that would definitely help. Worst-case, you can probably buy another body for parts, as they're fairly cheap these days

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: