Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Cleaning focus screen/prism on Super A

How much of a pig of a job is it? Been using my OM2, then came back to the Pentax which has balck marks in the finder somewhere and i twas like shooting with cataracts!

Didn't realise how annoying they were till I used a proper viewfinder again!

So, much involved? I've already verified they're not on the mirror or external surfaceof the screen.

06-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The focus screen in SuperA can be taken out easily. Just unscrew the two tiny screws on the top, which you can see easily w/o a lens mounted. Then pull the screen holder down, take the screen out and clean w some good quality lens or sensor cleanser and lens clean paper. Please be careful when you taking out the screws, they are small, easily fall into the camera...

I've cleaned mine w/o any problem
06-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wow they are small, even my smallest model making screwdriver is too big! Ah well, I guess I can live with the marks!