Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks Like Queenie Is Getting Her King...

A friend on another board just offered to let me buy his SPII in black over the next month or so. I'm doing a lay-a-way I guess, lol, but I couldn't resist. It's not in 100% great shape cosmetically, but mechanically it's fine he says. It's brassed a fair bit, but I don't mind. Just having it on the shelf would be worth the $40 he's asking for it. I'm being bad, but I don't care. I've been coveting one of those for as long as I've had a camera practically...

07-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

They are known to have this effect on people. I had a black Spotmatic with lizard skin. A previous owner (from several years back) spotted it and insisted on paying me good money to get it back. True love, that.
07-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Very much true love with me and the SPII. Don't get me wrong I love my pretty K-x to bits and you'd have to lay me out cold stone dead to get it away from me, but an SPII was my first real love camera-wise and when it comes to all things Pentax my Ashai zebra SPII is firmly on the no-sell ever list.

I have a working zebra Honeywell SPII that I have to clean up in a box, and I still have my original zebra SP but a black SPII is like a holy grail of sorts for me even though I keep telling myself I don't need it, and that it's just like sports car lust, I can just look, drool and forget it, lol.

I just hope he doesn't change his mind. This morning he was waffling a bit when he emailed me. I almost bought a black SP last night from someone here, but I finally refrained. It's the SPII I really want in black and I guess I'll just hold out for one even if this deal doesn't turn out to happen.