Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Can I get film done by mail in CANADA?

Dear all,
Does anyone know of a Canadian photo lab that does mail-order processing? I have Googled & e-mailed a couple dozen from coast to coast, some of which said they would, but it's not a regular thing for them -- they don't offer mailers, or photographic rate, or anything, & I have an idea I'd have to do a lot of the work for them, supplying packages & stamps.
(And of course with Cda Post's appalling rates you'd be paying parcel mail for a little roll of film, like $10+ to mail it anywhere, which is also not appealing.)
I live in the middle of nowhere, New Brunswick, & there is only ONE camera store left in this pathetic corner of the province that does film at all, & their printing is ridiculously overpriced & terrible -- I posted elsewhere about the horrible contrast. They are also a 5-hour round trip away.
So, does anyone know if there is any such thing anymore, as a lab that will do a good job of film by mail? Anywhere? ...??

07-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't help you with Canada, but if you're willing to send it to Kansas in the U.S., I've good luck with Dwayne's processing my slide film.
A trusted name in photo processing for over 50 years - Dwayne's Photo
07-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Contact these guys i'm not sure if there is a minimum order but they're one of the few big labs here in the GTA to still have "mailers", contact them.

Welcome to Silvano Color Labs, the Premiere Professional Photo Lab in Toronto Canada
08-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I phoned Silvano & someone patiently answered my questions & explained their mail service. Thanks to Canada Post's ridiculous prices, the "photographic rate" apparently no longer exists, so they can't offer prepaid mailers anymore, just bubble envelopes -- but at least, it's good of them to supply those.
Unfortunately, even before the horrible Cda Post charges, their base price is even more expensive than the lab I'm currently not happy with. Which is already more than twice what film processing used to cost me.
Anyone know of any other options?

08-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure what you have in your town, but I've been pleased with the work that Shoppers Drug Mart has done for me. They mail everything away to Montreal and it takes about a week. They'll do both B&W and colour (and slides I think), I even had them do redscale (reversed film) for me and it worked out well. If you want something fancier or large prints or reprints though I don't think that I know anyone else. Good luck.