Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Is that a Pentax in John D McDonalds hands?

Hi All,
The great novelist John D. MacDonald pictured with his camera. Looks like an LX, with an adapter for the screw mount lens on the camera.
Thanks

Attached Images

08-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The image is too small to clearly distinguish the model but I am not aware of a disproportionately large finder for the elegant LX. I am guessing that melon head of a finder can only be from a Nikon F Photomic. The shutter speed dial to the left side - should be on the right, threw me off until I noticed that his shirt pocket is on his right - instead of left, which would mean the picture is reversed left to right. Definitely think it's a hideous Nikon F with a Photomic finder.
08-03-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
The image is too small to clearly distinguish the model but I am not aware of a disproportionately large finder for the elegant LX. I am guessing that melon head of a finder can only be from a Nikon F Photomic. The shutter speed dial to the left side - should be on the right, threw me off until I noticed that his shirt pocket is on his right - instead of left, which would mean the picture is reversed left to right. Definitely think it's a hideous Nikon F with a Photomic finder.
Oh well. Thanks
08-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Definitely think it's a hideous Nikon F with a Photomic finder
Agreed. Definitely a Nikon F with Photomic!

Steve