Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
fish-eye lens, and 35 mm film camera

Hello out there,
I have a 10-17mm DA fish-eye lens, and am wondering if it is compatable with a MZ-6 film camera. I dont want to mount the two together, and then find out that something went horribly wrong. Has anyone out there had any success with this?
Thanks
Dave

08-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
i suggest you to see this : https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/31629-da-lens-...ts-thread.html
08-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

It will be compatible
you may have some vignetting due to the smaller DA sensor coverage but the images could be quite interesting

I think the MZ6 allows control of the aperture and all using the dial.
08-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

From the thread pointed above: by aurele

QuoteOriginally posted by Reps Quote
Da 10-17
Checked it out almost a year ago under awful conditions: living room lit by ca. 100W tungsten and shot a wall with a painting- but the wall was too short for definite conclusions and dark corners and furniture spoiled it :-(
Will choose daytime target and reshoot.
My initial findings @F8 (or maybe it was 5.6- for confirmation have to reshoot anyway):

10mm: heavy vignette, nicely usable with 1.4x crop factor;
14mm: almost no vignetting (or maybe none- bad scene as I told);
17mm: no visible vignetting nor corner degradation compared to dSLR;

After seeing this thread I was surprised why I haven't attached fisheye to my film body for regular shots although I know how it behaves- must save it in my to-do list and slip DA1017 into film bag :-)

And one more thing- remember the FOV difference... it is almost impossible to hide Your feet with SLR and FE :-)
After next test I also upload the images.
Best and happy experimenting, JR

08-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #5
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Even if you are not keen on "shaving" your lens, have a look here and you will how the 10-17 behaves on 35mm.
Shaved or original Tokina 10-17 mounted on a full-frame Canon 5D- Shaved Nikkor/Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye - Shaved Sigma 10mm Fisheye - Shaved Samyang 8mm Fisheye
08-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If you have no intention to ever resell your DA10-17, another sort of 'shaving' is possible: remove the hoodlet (if you can). I've mounted mine on my ZX-M (unshaved!) and I conclude that its only the hoodlet that causes vignetting. Oh yeah, nothing will go "horribly wrong" if you mount the lens. Any newer PK lens can be mounted on any older PK body -- you just don't get full functionality. Nothing jams, nothing breaks, nothing horrible, eh?
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #7

Original Poster
thank you!

Thank you, one and all for getting back to me with your answers.
Will try it out, and see where it takes me.
(p.s. - the thought of shaving my lens kind of makes me queasy!! lol)