Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #1

anyone know where i can get MX base plate screws?

Hi guys, just got given an old MX by my girlfriends dad, it seems like a great little compact-ish camera but it has had a colourful life and has a base plate screw missing. It lives in an old leather camera case so i am wondering if this looseness (on the right edge bottom when looking at the viewfinder) will be a problem and if so where (or if) I can maybe pick up some screws to fix it up. Thanks

08-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #2

Here is a service manual:

http://www.robertstech.com/stuff/mx_sm.pdf

From what I gather you need a 1.7x2.2 screw. It mentions a 'nickle surface treatment' in the parts list description, but that is probably just corrosion resistance and something you can live without. I am not sure if I have ever seen such a small screw in an average big-box hardware store though.

Last edited by gus_the_mouse; 08-08-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: link was broken
08-07-2011, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it's the same screws as the ME Super/SuperProgram/Program Plus, I have a few spares which I can mail to you, if you can wait ...
08-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Gus, yeah i was looking at the size of them and thinking that id never seen any that small in my local hardware store.

Thanks Frank! id love one or two if you can spare them, only one screw is missing so as long as it fits that would be all I need. Can i send you some money to cover postage? and if they don't work ill make sure to mail them back. I'm in no real hurry as I'v got a spotty and a k-x to play with as well. I love how helpful this forums members can be!

08-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JDaughtry Quote
Thanks Gus, yeah i was looking at the size of them and thinking that id never seen any that small in my local hardware store.

Thanks Frank! id love one or two if you can spare them, only one screw is missing so as long as it fits that would be all I need. Can i send you some money to cover postage? and if they don't work ill make sure to mail them back. I'm in no real hurry as I'v got a spotty and a k-x to play with as well. I love how helpful this forums members can be!
Okay, I have an MX too. But it's too late to try out those screws now. I'd try it tomorrow and let you know. Please pm me your address so I can mail it to you
08-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #6

I did some more searching, and wow M1.7 screws are not easy to find.

http://www.microfastenings.com/MachineScrewThreads.aspx

But I have yet to find a place that would cheaply let you order a small quantity (as opposed to an entire crate).

Last edited by gus_the_mouse; 08-08-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: link problem