Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Adjust ASA dial after a couple of exposures?

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and film slrs. I've got an ME super that I'd been meaning to use for a long time and today I just grabbed a BW400CN film roll and loaded it in.

I then took a couple a shots and then realised that the ASA ring was set to 64. After some extensive googling I realised what this was, firstly!! After realising my mistake, I adjusted it to 400.

Would appreciate some advice here...can I continue to shoot this film or have I now ruined it.

Thanks in advance!

Gadley

08-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I'm just up to my 8th roll of this film and in my testing I have found that I can easily recover +6 overexposure simply in post processing. More then that and I can recover by adding some scanning compensation to go along with post. Of course other factors like the scene's latitude may influence this too.
08-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gadley Quote
Would appreciate some advice here...can I continue to shoot this film or have I now ruined it.
Yes, you can continue shooting. The first two shots will be over exposed but the rest of the roll will be at the correct ISO/ASA since you have now corrected the error.

Tim
08-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #4

Original Poster
That's great, thanks guys for your very quick responses. Will see how my first roll of film turns out! I'm guessing not brilliant, haha.

08-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
It won' matter - if you're not scanning/printing the negatives yourself, then you'll find the 64 shots to be very flat in contrast compared to the rest but it's no big deal. As I mentioned elsewhere it's hard to actually screw up a roll of this stuff.