Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #1

need help, super program got no view in LCD and viewfinder

the batteries is new, the shoot and rewind is OK, but can't see the shuttle speed directly.

Thanks for everyone help. I have changed 3 couples new batteries, and the light button is also works well, so I think the connection between batteries is all right, and also I have took 20 photos.Someone said the lcd maybe got problem,but the viewfinder also got no data。

Last edited by nbhuajie; 08-18-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: answer
08-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are on the right path by purchasing batteries.
Try cleaning the battery connection with a pencil eraser. I know
It sounds simple, but it has worked if the batteries are not
making a good connection.
08-18-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sometime the SuperProgram take time to show this.

Be sure :
- your are not on "locked" mod
- Batteries connectors are clean
- helf press twice the shutter and target some bright area. (the more light there is, the faster it shows the settings.)
08-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Does the top LCD display anything at all? It should display a small line (-) after you wind the advance lever.
You can also check if the viewfinder light works by pressing the small button on the side of the mount.

One more thing. On my second copy I have to lightly half-press the shutter button a few times (towards the back of the button) to start the light meter and make any numbers appear. I guess the electrical contact is not what it used to be

08-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone help. I have changed 3 couples new batteries, and the light button is also works well, so I think the connection between batteries is all right, and also I have took 20 photos.Someone said the lcd maybe got problem,but the viewfinder also got no data。
08-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Super Program won't work at all W/O battery. So I guess the batteries are working fine in your case. It's the electronic part which is spoiled. Maybe just somewhere disconnected.

What you can try is to open up the bottom plate, make sure the batteries are still connected, and try to see if there is some lose connectors. One of my super programs had the same problem too. I just press here and there, then the meter started to work. So I added some tissue paper there (where I pressed) before I put the backplate on. The camera works ever since.

Good luck