Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #1

No LCD viewfinder info on Pentax super A

No LCD viewfinder info on Pentax super A, but normal LCD display on top.
I am puzzled that the LCD on the top plate is working OK but there is no LCD image in the viewfinder.
Is it cureable, wil the camera still perform OK without? view finder back light buton works OK but still no LCD.
chris

08-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried changing the batteries and making sure the camera isn't in L mode?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, yes tried changeing the batteries (twice), anyway the top LCD and backlight would not work if it was only the batteries. The top LCD works fully on all modes so it is only the view finder LCD that is blank.
regards
Chris
08-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

did you wind a few times?
IIRC the first 2 or 3 frames the info is blank and then it appears

08-31-2011, 07:43 AM   #5

Original Poster
Yes I am half way through the film and the viewfinder LCD still is not showing a display whilst the top LCD is fine, it appears are all other functions are OK (will know better when the film is developed)
09-02-2011, 04:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Mine is also dead. But the camera has a dent in the prism housing, and the LCD turned black, and is probably cracked. I took off the top cover, but don't think it's an easy fix.

Octav
09-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi, my viewfinder LCD has not (as far as I'm aware) not been damaged, nor is it blacked out. It is frosted as normal but with no LCD information unlike the top LCD. It appears to me as though the information is not reaching the LCD (ie same state as when switches off. Maybe a clue hear. I may eventually have a spare prism if it helps you.

09-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well, dismantling the top cover is easy. you can give it a try. I can advice by mail if you want.
But finish the film before
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #9

Original Poster
Pentax Super A LCD in view finder

Hi thanks for the offer. I have now finished the film and the results are good. So I suppose everything else is OK just the LCD display missing from the view finder. Any ideas appreciated.
regards
Chris
10-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm all for fixing things over replacing them, but I have a very good condition Super Program available for sale if you're interested.
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I had a similar problem with my Super A and Super Program. I shipped them both to Eric at pentaxs.com. He ended replacing a board in each one. Problem solved. I still use them.

Good luck!