Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

AF 35mm body for Tamron lens

Greetings all! I've got a Tamron 28-75/2.8 lens that I used to use with my K10D. Having sold that body, I'm looking for an autofocus 35mm body to use with it. Any recommendations?

The camera body needs to be AF & not MF only. While the lens will MF, there is so much play in the focusing ring as to make it a pain to use. I've also got a Sigma 74-200mm (MF) that will be used with this body and I've also got a collection of M42 glass that I might occasionally use with an adapter. Don't know a lot about the Pentax autofocus bodies, so any advice would be appreciated. Don't have a great deal of money to spend, either, so please take that into account.

Thanks!

09-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'd take a look at the PZ-1/p series bodies (and not just because I have several extra ones I plan to sell ). They're pretty well featured for the money ($75-125) and I've used my with the Tamron 28-75 and it's a nice combo. Don't know how well it works or doesn't work with M42 lenses as I've never tried, so hopefully someone else can answer that for you.
09-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd suggest the PZ-1p too. I find that it feels quite a bit like the K10d.