Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #1

Battery Problem, KX

Hi.

Iwe got a Pentax KX and today I was trying to change from depleted batteries to new fresh ones. Before the change the batterytester worked etc but now it wont budge. It wont move even if I use fresh new batteries.
What can be the problem? Any corrotion on the surfaces maby? It was a time sins this camera where used.

//Wompa

Last edited by Wompa; 12-04-2007 at 03:19 PM.
12-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #2

My KX suffered a similar problem recently. I couldn't find any corrosion, so took it to the repairman. He ended up finding corrosion somewhere in the battery compartment, said it looked insignificant but made all the difference.
Unfortunately I don't know exactly what he did, so can't tell you where to scrape the contacts.
Hopefully yours is as easily repaired!
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wompa Quote
Hi.

Iwe got a Pentax KX and today I was trying to change from depleted batteries to new fresh ones. Before the change the batterytester worked etc but now it wotn budge. I wont move even if I used new batteries.
What can be the problem? Any corotion on the surfaces maby? It was a time sins this camera where used.

//Wompa
Use a pencil eraser on the contacts (not the ink one - it scratches too much). Don't forget the cover!
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Before you do anything, I would try different batteries, as they've been known to to be dead-on arrival, even when new..... happened to me a couple of times.

12-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
So, first I get some new batteries, but it feels odd when I just bought some.

And then I can test the pencil trick. See if it works and maby I dont need to find a camerarepairer for my camera. But im not sure if my town got one. I will look around alittle.

Thanks for the tips! Real great!