Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erickcgm Quote
Today i took photos with my sv but something happened... this was the first time i use the sv to take photo, after about 20 shots the mirror didn't return, view finder got dark, and i could only wind the film and take another shot without finding view, then it came back again... this happened several times and when i got back home it seems normal again.. what happened? btw, it was with a super multi coated 35/2...
It could be a sticky mirror bumper or the mechanism needs adjusted. We call a basic cleaning, light seal replacementm mirror bumper replacement, calibration and lubrication a CLA. Many of us send our gear to Eric Hendrickson who was a Honeywell trained tech on Pentax gear. Its ~ $65 for all those things.

Edit: I see you are in Singapore. There are several active Pentax people there. Perhaps they could suggest someone like Eric there. Frank and Creampuff are 2 of them.

09-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, mirror sticking to the foam at the top of the box, most likely. You can try a gentle shake or tap when it happens.
09-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
I have the same problem at the start of the thread with a silver 1950s CZJ Tessar 50mm F2.8. Once properly screwed into a Spotmatic, SPII or even a Praktica super TL, the tab that comes forward for the auto function on M42 lenses fouls the rear of the lens. The shoulder of the lens sits proud of the screw threads - anybody's guess why. The lens was designed for pre-auto Prakticas. With a PK adaptor, the lens also fouls the mirror on the MX (ouch!) - possibly because it is a good big mirror. The only camera I have been able to mount the lens to successfully is a P30. Rather an incongruous match, but worth it for the pics.
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #34

Photos: Albums
I have the Biotar 50/2 back from cleaning so I could finally test it on K2 body. It works fine, just like the Tessar 50/2.8