Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #1951
Veteran Member
Davidw0815's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 434
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I have to go back to my notes and get you aperture exposure time info, but both were tripod mounted. Using original Pentax 6x7, and SMC Pentax 6x7 55mm f4.0 on Delta 100





And the FP4+.... @ 100 ISO




As an aside, the scans could be better as my Film holder for my V500 is missing a piece so the curled negative does not lie flat. Couple that with the fact I contaminated the roll of film - it unravelled a bit and let light in.

I suppose my post was really to say, hey I got crappy results, is it me, or is Delta 100 that much better than FP4+.

I think it might be the scanner. The depth of focus of the scanner is pretty shallow, so if your neg is curled, it's probably out of focus and you don't get the max resolution. If you need an answer, you could get your reg scanned in a shop...
Hope I could help.
Cheers,
David

05-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1952
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,069
I like FP4+ more than Delta, but T-Max 100 is nicer. In general, I seem to like the 100 ISO tabular-grained films ok but the 400 ISO ones less. I prefer the more traditional films, especially Tri-X.
05-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #1953
Site Supporter
mattt's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Niagara
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,726
I was planning on re-scanning when my replacement film holder arrives at the end of the week - David, you could be right on the Scanner DoF. Thanks for responding - it was just WTF moment I needed to vent and I dont really know that many people shooting film and scanning
05-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #1954
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 546
Some shots of recent trip to Venice. All shot with Pentax MX and Pentax M50 1.7, TMY2 in D-76



Outdoor cafe at the foot of Rialto bridge.




San Marco Basilica viewed from island of Giudecca



Shot from inside Caffe Florian in Piazza San Marco square. Founded in 1720, Caffe Florian is the oldest cafe in Italy and probably the most expensive. Two coffee's and a plate of macaroons cost 53 euros ($70), including a 12 euro charge for the orchestra. Probably the nicest coffee I've ever had though.

It was our third trip to Venice and previously we had peered in to Caffe Florian but were deterred by the prices but we had just been to a superb exhibition in Venice of the Italian photographer, Gianni Berengo Gardin. All his work is in b&w and a section of the exhibition was of shots he had taken inside the Florian so we thought that perhaps now was the time to take the plunge and empty the wallet

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Gianni+Berengo+Gardin+venice&client=firefo...w=1482&bih=776

05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #1955
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,369
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Some shots of recent trip to Venice
Another favourite city of mine.

If the person on the left in the first image leans back any further, they will get damp.
05-06-2013, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #1956
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow
Posts: 439

Pentax 67, SMC 67 75/4, HP5+, DD-X 1:9
05-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #1957
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,069
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Some shots of recent trip to Venice. All shot with Pentax MX and Pentax M50 1.7, TMY2 in D-76



Outdoor cafe at the foot of Rialto bridge.




San Marco Basilica viewed from island of Giudecca



Shot from inside Caffe Florian in Piazza San Marco square. Founded in 1720, Caffe Florian is the oldest cafe in Italy and probably the most expensive. Two coffee's and a plate of macaroons cost 53 euros ($70), including a 12 euro charge for the orchestra. Probably the nicest coffee I've ever had though.

It was our third trip to Venice and previously we had peered in to Caffe Florian but were deterred by the prices but we had just been to a superb exhibition in Venice of the Italian photographer, Gianni Berengo Gardin. All his work is in b&w and a section of the exhibition was of shots he had taken inside the Florian so we thought that perhaps now was the time to take the plunge and empty the wallet

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Gianni+Berengo+Gardin+venice&client=firefo...w=1482&bih=776
Wow, and I thought Paris was expensive!

Very nice B&W shots.
05-07-2013, 03:09 AM   #1958
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow
Posts: 439

Pentax 67, SMC 67 75/4, HP5+, DD-X 1:9

05-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #1959
Veteran Member
barbosas's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lisbon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 683
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Some shots of recent trip to Venice. All shot with Pentax MX and Pentax M50 1.7, TMY2 in D-76



Outdoor cafe at the foot of Rialto bridge.




San Marco Basilica viewed from island of Giudecca



Shot from inside Caffe Florian in Piazza San Marco square. Founded in 1720, Caffe Florian is the oldest cafe in Italy and probably the most expensive. Two coffee's and a plate of macaroons cost 53 euros ($70), including a 12 euro charge for the orchestra. Probably the nicest coffee I've ever had though.

It was our third trip to Venice and previously we had peered in to Caffe Florian but were deterred by the prices but we had just been to a superb exhibition in Venice of the Italian photographer, Gianni Berengo Gardin. All his work is in b&w and a section of the exhibition was of shots he had taken inside the Florian so we thought that perhaps now was the time to take the plunge and empty the wallet

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Gianni+Berengo+Gardin+venice&client=firefo...w=1482&bih=776
Great shots.. Been there last year, didn't drink my coffee there though.
05-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #1960
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 546
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Wow, and I thought Paris was expensive!

Very nice B&W shots.
Thanks. I go to Paris quite a lot and its definitely cheaper than Venice if you avoid the tourist hot spots.
05-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1961
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 546
QuoteOriginally posted by barbosas Quote
Great shots.. Been there last year, didn't drink my coffee there though.
Thanks. It won't be a regular occurrence with me either
05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #1962
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow
Posts: 439
What time is it ? ;-)


PZ-1, FA 77 Ltd, TMax 400, DD-X 1:9
05-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #1963
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,173
QuoteOriginally posted by wuzet Quote
Pentax 67, SMC 67 75/4, HP5+, DD-X 1:9
Very nice tones!

Phil.
05-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #1964
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by wuzet Quote
What time is it ? ;-)


PZ-1, FA 77 Ltd, TMax 400, DD-X 1:9
That made me chuckle!
05-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #1965
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,917
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Thanks. I go to Paris quite a lot and its definitely cheaper than Venice if you avoid the tourist hot spots.
indeed

QuoteOriginally posted by wuzet Quote
What time is it ? ;-)
Nice !
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top