Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #2461
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South West Wales
Photos: Albums
Posts: 82
QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
Here is my son-in-law getting dunked at a summer fair fundraiser booth.


Pentax MX, SMC-40mm f2.8 "pancake" + yellow filter, Kodak Tri-X, Rodinal 1+100/60-minutes, Epson V500

-Joe-
But how much did it cost you in 'throws' to get that shot?

Good to see people getting together to have a bit of fun and raise a bit of cash.

11-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #2462
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
Here is my son-in-law getting dunked at a summer fair fundraiser booth.

-Joe-
Looks warm. This gal had to bear a little harsher conditions.






K1000, 50/1.2, Plus-X Pan
11-02-2013, 10:57 PM - 1 Like   #2463
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
Fun to look back some older negatives. From the early 90's. I'd get any volunteer to practice portrait light setups. I'd record the setup so I could both tweak the strobe ratios based on the results and duplicate the lighting easier the next time.





67 165/4 LS, Yellow Filter, Old Gen 100TMX, T-Max Dev


Last edited by tuco; 11-07-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Update link
11-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #2464
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 488
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Fun to look back some older negatives. From the early 90's. I'd get any volunteer to practice portrait light setups. I'd record the setup so I could both tweak the strobe ratios based on the results and duplicate the lighting easier the next time.





67 165/4 LS, Yellow Filter, Old Gen 100TMX, T-Max Dev

Nice one Tuco. How do you take notes? I have a pocket size book and keep notes for the same purpose like you, but I have been thinking about having a rubber stamp made for my notebook pages with fill-in-fields like date, camera, lens, film, aperture, speed, +/- EV, weather, subject etc. and check boxes. Regards

11-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #2465
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by jt_cph_dk Quote
Nice one Tuco. How do you take notes? I have a pocket size book and keep notes for the same purpose like you, but I have been thinking about having a rubber stamp made for my notebook pages with fill-in-fields like date, camera, lens, film, aperture, speed, +/- EV, weather, subject etc. and check boxes. Regards

Thanks. I use a small paper notepad too. That rubber stamp idea sounds interesting.
11-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #2466
Site Supporter
k0og's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Rolla, Missouri
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 622
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Looks warm. This gal had to bear a little harsher conditions.




K1000, 50/1.2, Plus-X Pan
Harsh? That's just downright MEAN!

Nice photo

Tuco: VERY nice portrait! The model has a really "classic" and classy look.

-Joe-
11-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #2467
Veteran Member
revdocjim's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mt. Akagi, Gunma Prefecture
Posts: 374
I took these a couple weeks ago of a skyscraper in the Shinjuku high rise district called the cocoon building. They were shot with the 67ii and 55/4 on Tri-X400. Developed in Fuji SPD.

1.


2.


3.


BTW, if you are ever visiting Japan I highly recommend that you pick up some Fuji Super Prodol (SPD) and give it a try. I prefer it to D-76, HC-110 and Ilfosol 3 by a long shot!

Last edited by revdocjim; 11-04-2013 at 06:48 AM.
11-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #2468
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,913
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
BTW, if you are ever visiting Japan I highly recommend that you pick up some Fuji Super Prodol (SPD) and give it a try. I prefer it to D-76, HC-110 and Ilfosol 3 by a long shot!
I didn't even know until now that Fuji produced developer.

11-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #2469
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,929
QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
Harsh? That's just downright MEAN!

Nice photo

Tuco: VERY nice portrait! The model has a really "classic" and classy look.
Thanks.
11-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #2470
Veteran Member
revdocjim's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mt. Akagi, Gunma Prefecture
Posts: 374
Fuji chemicals

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I didn't even know until now that Fuji produced developer.
They have a full line of photo paper and all the chemicals for developing and printing.
For developing they have Super Prodol (SPD) and Microfine. The latter is a little bit more work. SPD comes in powder form, can be dissolved in room temperature water and used immediately, shows very low noise and isn't fussy about agitation patterns, has similar development times to D-76 for most film types; but amazingly is tweaked for Fuji Presto and Acros, which only require 4:15! And it's cheap. A bag for a 1 liter batch costs 260 yen (US$2.60). Five liter bags cost 810 yen!

Fujifilm also has a couple of developers for photo paper but I haven't used them. They also have a full line of stop bath, fixer, quickwash, and drying agent.
11-05-2013, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #2471
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 546
Cromer, Norfolk.

Canon EOS 3, Rollei Retro 100 @ E.I.80, Rodinal 1+50





11-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #2472
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire/Hampshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,698
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Cromer, Norfolk.

Canon EOS 3, Rollei Retro 100 @ E.I.80, Rodinal 1+50

Love this.
11-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #2473
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 546
QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
Love this.
Thank you. I'd been taking some shots around Cromer Pier and had just caught up with the rest of the family when my daughter in law spotted the cyclist on the beach and pointed him out to me. I had three frames left on the roll and that was the middle one.
11-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #2474
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 488
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Cromer, Norfolk.

Canon EOS 3, Rollei Retro 100 @ E.I.80, Rodinal 1+50




Lovely seagull and lanterne shot. I have one for you to see as well. Anyone else?

Pentax LX SMC Pentax-A 2.0/50 TMY400 Essauira, Morocco
11-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #2475
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Cromer, Norfolk.

Canon EOS 3, Rollei Retro 100 @ E.I.80, Rodinal 1+50




I really like the way you framed the shot of cyclist on the beach. Very nice.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top