Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2013, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #2581
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 105
A nightshot on kentmere 400 @ 1600

Love K400 more on 1600 than on 400.

Shot with pentax mz-5N & K 55 1.8




Last edited by crabe919; 12-27-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: camera type added
12-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #2582
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,804
QuoteOriginally posted by crabe919 Quote
A nightshot on kentmere 400 @ 1600

Love K400 more on 1600 than on 400.
Nice work!
12-23-2013, 01:52 PM - 2 Likes   #2583
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,804

Lomo Belair X 6-12, 90mm Plastic lens, Ilford Delta 100
12-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #2584
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
These two frames, next to each other on the roll, turn out to make sense together... Canon 7, Canon RF 50/1.8, Tri-X, Rodinal




12-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #2585
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Photos: Albums
Posts: 167
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Thanks, Phil. Another fog shot with the Canon 7...


Cool photo. I love Tri-x. Was this a crop? If not, was it pushed? I'm trying to figure out why the grain came out so big...
12-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #2586
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
QuoteOriginally posted by jakeblues Quote
Cool photo. I love Tri-x. Was this a crop? If not, was it pushed? I'm trying to figure out why the grain came out so big...
Thanks - I'm trying to figure that out as well. I can put some blame on my extremely lax development technique -- I approximated the Rodinal dilution, didn't bother to take the temperature, and I'd somehow got the film canister inside the tank. The pic is just about full width but cropped vertically, and it was grey, damp, foggy. Between that and whatever I did taking the pic these frames are very dense.
12-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #2587
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Photos: Albums
Posts: 167
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Thanks - I'm trying to figure that out as well. I can put some blame on my extremely lax development technique -- I approximated the Rodinal dilution, didn't bother to take the temperature, and I'd somehow got the film canister inside the tank. The pic is just about full width but cropped vertically, and it was grey, damp, foggy. Between that and whatever I did taking the pic these frames are very dense.
You know, I had something similar happen on a very foggy day. Perhaps it's a function of the lighting? Here's the pic in question. My notes say it was Ilford XP2, which I usually find to be very smooth. Pentax ME, M 50/1.7:

12-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #2588
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 105
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice work!
Thanks!

Another one from the same night. This time shot on tmax 400 @ 400 in xtol.
Shot with pentax mz-5N & K 20 4




Last edited by crabe919; 12-27-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: camera type
12-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #2589
Site Supporter
pentaxpete's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 242
'British Summertime' -- a typical rainy day at a local village fete -- ME Super+ 50mm f1.7 SMC Pentax-M, + ORWO NP22 film+ weak flash

Attached Images
 
12-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #2590
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 105
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxpete Quote
'British Summertime' -- a typical rainy day at a local village fete -- ME Super+ 50mm f1.7 SMC Pentax-M, + ORWO NP22 film+ weak flash

Nice one!
12-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #2591
Pentaxian
PPPPPP42's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Albums
Posts: 845
Sexy Sexy. Who wears short shorts?
Jokes aside the picture really does capture the feel of the moment. I'd like to think that they are going on with the day, typical rainy weather or no, in a show of British fortitude rather than quickly packing up to flee to dryer places.
12-27-2013, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #2592
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 12


Nikon F3 HP, Nikkor 50/1.8, yellow filter, Kodak Tri-x pushed to ISO 800

The fun part was locking exposure, manual zone focussing, and panning fast just in time, and then seeing that it came out well.

I like how Tri-X looks even during harsh midday sunlight with a yellow filter. Digital just doesn't have the same character even with film simulation processing.
12-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #2593
Veteran Member
Agnostic's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 414
QuoteOriginally posted by gerafotografija Quote

Nikon F3 HP, Nikkor 50/1.8, yellow filter, Kodak Tri-x pushed to ISO 800

The fun part was locking exposure, manual zone focussing, and panning fast just in time, and then seeing that it came out well.

I like how Tri-X looks even during harsh midday sunlight with a yellow filter. Digital just doesn't have the same character even with film simulation processing.
Very nice shot!

Bronica SQ-A, Zenzanon S 105mm f/3.5, Fomapan 200 loaded in 645 back.



12-27-2013, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #2594
Pentaxian
PPPPPP42's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Albums
Posts: 845
Figured I should post something once in awhile.
Probably Kodak BW400CN before i set up the darkroom stuff.
12-28-2013, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #2595
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,192
Cross posted
[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeomaster32/9246882812/]Yandina Qld - Franka Rolfix 9x6[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/aeomaster32/]arnold_broese[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top