Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #2597
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Some miscellany:




With a focus-free Vivitar Y2K Crap-Cam, it was company swag for spending the 2000 new years at the office... and the camera broke after frame 24. Ilford XP2





Canon 7 / Canon 50/1.8 / Tri-X / Rodinal





Fuji GM670 / Fujinon 100/3.5 / Ilford XP5+ / Perceptol 1+3 semi-stand
12-30-2013, 06:03 AM - 1 Like   #2598
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 550
Some shots from a recent trip to Paris. All Pentax MX, Tmax 400 in D-76.



Inside the Musee d'Orsay, formerly an old rail station on the left bank. Its filled with Van Goghs, Renoirs, Monets, Cezannes etc but the best bit for me is the building itself. Internally, its stunning.
You are not allowed to photograph near the exhibits but this link shows how it looks inside
Gare d'Orsay: Paris Railway Station Turned Art Museum | Urban Ghosts |



Eiffel tower shot from the "Big Wheel" on Place de la Concorde.



Maybe I've led a sheltered life and they do things different in the big cities but I've never seen anyone take their cat out for a walk
12-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #2599
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Maybe I've led a sheltered life and they do things different in the big cities but I've never seen anyone take their cat out for a walk
Yeah, leashes and cats don’t mix very well! Nice shot too.

Phil.

12-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #2600
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Growing up I had a big cat... he was the smartest animal I've ever known. Our family split our time in the woods, on a small lake; and in a Helsinki apartment. While in Helsinki, we had a harness and leash to take him out with... he hated that thing! However, he also knew wearing it was the only way he'd get outside, so he would go and take it off its nail and bring it to you, all the while telling you this time he'd behave. As soon as we got outside, he made a beeline to the nearest bush to try to shake the leash off.

He was smart around the summer house as well. He'd watch me in my boat on the lake fishing... and count the fish. One time I only caught one, but it slipped back in the lake. When I pulled the boat ashore, he as usual jumped in to look for the fish. He was so pissed at me he clawed my leg, I had the scars for a while... I of course was much more careful with the fish from then on.
12-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #2601
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 550
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Growing up I had a big cat... he was the smartest animal I've ever known. Our family split our time in the woods, on a small lake; and in a Helsinki apartment. While in Helsinki, we had a harness and leash to take him out with... he hated that thing! However, he also knew wearing it was the only way he'd get outside, so he would go and take it off its nail and bring it to you, all the while telling you this time he'd behave. As soon as we got outside, he made a beeline to the nearest bush to try to shake the leash off.

He was smart around the summer house as well. He'd watch me in my boat on the lake fishing... and count the fish. One time I only caught one, but it slipped back in the lake. When I pulled the boat ashore, he as usual jumped in to look for the fish. He was so pissed at me he clawed my leg, I had the scars for a while... I of course was much more careful with the fish from then on.
Are you sure it was ....well.... just a cat? It didn't have a spotty coat did it? Perhaps it brought small deer home instead of dead mice?
12-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #2602
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,289
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
He was so pissed at me he clawed my leg, I had the scars for a while.
Cats own people.
12-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #2603
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Cats own people.
I like this quote "dogs have masters cats have staff!"

Phil.

01-01-2014, 05:04 AM - 1 Like   #2604
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 550
Some more Paris shots.
Pentax ME Super, Neopan 400 in D-76
I must buy some more Neopan 400 while there are still some stocks left.









Got my underused M135 f/3.5 out of bag for this one.
01-01-2014, 05:53 AM   #2605
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,289
This negative was never printed , but after fifty plus years I took another look at it with a bit of a crop. The Retinette had no telephoto, being a simple view finder camera with a fixed lens. Anyway, I quite like this one with the sun on the water. 1961 Sydney sailing race

[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeomaster32/11636093615/]Sailing Race 1961 Sydney. Retinette 1a[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/aeomaster32/]arnold_broese[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">

01-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #2606
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Photos: Albums
Posts: 167
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote


Got my underused M135 f/3.5 out of bag for this one.
Love that shot. I don't even own a telephoto, but I'd like to get one just for shots like this.

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
[/URL]
Awesome!

Here are some recent ones of mine. I've been shooting my Minolta system a lot recently. These were taken with an X-700 and my Rokkor 24mm and 58mm:


imagreyhound
by tapeandfilm on 500px.com


switch
by tapeandfilm on 500px.com


imakelovehere
by tapeandfilm on 500px.com
01-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #2607
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
I took this photo in December of 2011. For some reason it was forgotten, but I recently rediscovered it and it makes me think of the Van Morrison song.

Into The Mystic

Asahi Pentax SV, S-M-C Takumar 85/1.9, Expired Arista Ultra EDU 200
01-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #2608
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I took this photo in December of 2011. For some reason it was forgotten, but I recently rediscovered it and it makes me think of the Van Morrison song.

Into The Mystic

Asahi Pentax SV, S-M-C Takumar 85/1.9, Expired Arista Ultra EDU 200
Nice shot Colton, like the water reflections as well.

Phil.
01-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #2609
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 137
Supertak 105mm F2.8 Spotmatic

A standard Vancouver waterfront shot, but I had to try this new lens. Full open it's sharp and big enough to unfocus the background. I still amazes me that this old gear and bathroom-sink technology makes pictures.
01-06-2014, 02:24 AM   #2610
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I took this photo in December of 2011. For some reason it was forgotten, but I recently rediscovered it and it makes me think of the Van Morrison song.

Into The Mystic

Asahi Pentax SV, S-M-C Takumar 85/1.9, Expired Arista Ultra EDU 200
Lovely photograph. K.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top