Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #2956
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,212
QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
Wellington Community Hall. Chinon CE-3, Super Takumar 105/2.8 probably at f/11, Ilford Delta 400. I liked this subject because in addition to having some nice geometrical components, the angle of the sun brought out the texture of the stucco wall.

Very well done! So much to like about this. The rail shadow angle really activates the image. All the details add to the magic, and there are a lot. Great image.

05-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #2957
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
Wellington Community Hall. Chinon CE-3, Super Takumar 105/2.8 probably at f/11, Ilford Delta 400. I liked this subject because in addition to having some nice geometrical components, the angle of the sun brought out the texture of the stucco wall.

Very nice!

Phil.

---------- Post added 05-05-14 at 07:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wuzet Quote
MZ-S, FA 31 Ltd., Fuji Acros 100, Pyrocat HD





Like the last shot!

Phil.
05-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #2958
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gabriola Island
Posts: 588
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Very well done! So much to like about this. The rail shadow angle really activates the image. All the details add to the magic, and there are a lot. Great image.
Thanks!
05-05-2014, 11:53 PM - 3 Likes   #2959
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scio, OR
Posts: 106
Bronica SQA, HP-5+, WD2D+







Pentax 67, HP-5+, WD2D+







05-06-2014, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #2960
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
St Helen's Church Wheathampstead. FED2, Kodak BW400CN film, Industar 26m lens, orange filter.


St Helens, Wheathampstead par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
05-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #2961
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,654
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
St Helen's Church Wheathampstead. FED2, Kodak BW400CN film, Industar 26m lens, orange filter.


St Helens, Wheathampstead par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Mighty fine work with that FED 2 I would say...might fine indeed.


Steve
05-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #2962
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 39


Pentax SV (60's version) Super-Takumai f/1.8 mm55 Kodak Porta 160
05-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #2963
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Mighty fine work with that FED 2 I would say...might fine indeed.


Steve

Thanks Steve.

05-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #2964
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 262
First roll from my new (to me) Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35mm folder. Shot on Agfa APX 100 which I thought I wasn't going to like but it turned out well, developed by Panda Photo lab in Seattle. Everything was shot through a Zeiss Ikon light yellow filter:













The last one is the Colton special.
05-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #2965
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
First roll from my new (to me) Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35mm folder. Shot on Agfa APX 100 which I thought I wasn't going to like but it turned out well, developed by Panda Photo lab in Seattle. Everything was shot through a Zeiss Ikon light yellow filter:

The last one is the Colton special.
Yeah, looks good!

Phil.
05-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #2966
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 262
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Mighty fine work with that FED 2 I would say...might fine indeed.


Steve
Very much agree. Those cameras are gorgeous, too.

---------- Post added 05-07-14 at 10:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yeah, looks good!

Phil.
And thanks!! Easily my favorite camera at the moment.

Last edited by Archimedes the Dog; 05-07-2014 at 10:25 PM.
05-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #2967
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 550
QuoteOriginally posted by Archimedes the Dog Quote
First roll from my new (to me) Zeiss Ikon Contessa 35mm folder. Shot on Agfa APX 100 which I thought I wasn't going to like but it turned out well, developed by Panda Photo lab in Seattle. Everything was shot through a Zeiss Ikon light yellow filter:
Nice looking shots. I would never have guessed they were APX100 if you didn't mention it. My APX100 shots always have noticeable grain, due to my use of Rodinal developer. It would be interesting to know what developer your lab uses because it gives the film a different look.
05-08-2014, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #2968
gma
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 35
A couple of shots from my first roll of home-developed Tri-X. Processed in HC-110 (B) for 6.5 minutes, shortly followed by 9 minutes in a 1+2 mix of HC-110 and fixer (it was an accident!).



05-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #2969
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9




Pentax ME Super
Pentax M 50mm 1.7
Tri-X 400
05-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #2970
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 262
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Nice looking shots. I would never have guessed they were APX100 if you didn't mention it. My APX100 shots always have noticeable grain, due to my use of Rodinal developer. It would be interesting to know what developer your lab uses because it gives the film a different look.
I'll ask next time I am there. They run Rodinal once a month because it gives that grainy look for people who want it, but especially at 35mm I don't care as much, and I use Fomapan for things I want to look lo-fi, though the tones of the APX are nice. I've been working though different films lately in a haphazard way for the fun of it.

Last edited by Archimedes the Dog; 05-08-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top