12-05-2014, 11:28 PM - 2 Likes   #3586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Pentax MX, M50/1.7 1987

Last edited by arnold; 01-25-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added camera information
12-06-2014, 01:45 AM   #3587
Pentaxian

I used an extension tube for this first one, and the M 50/1.4.

IMGP1229a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

M 50/1.4

IMGP1199a

IMGP1184a

M 85/2

IMGP1208a
12-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #3588
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I used an extension tube for this first one, and the M 50/1.4.

IMGP1184a
In the third shot, is that your reflection in the heel of the girl to the left?
12-06-2014, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #3589
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
KX+Voigt 58/1.4 SLII+Acros100

---------- Post added 12-07-2014 at 09:50 AM ----------

Guys, maybe someone here can help me.

I've been trying to upload/submit some of my film shots to my PPG gallery but they are being rejected stating that the camera used is not a Pentax. Checking my EXIF, I realized my developer lab scanned them using a Fujifilm scanner. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue?

12-06-2014, 07:32 PM - 1 Like   #3590
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vinceloc Quote
I've been trying to upload/submit some of my film shots to my PPG gallery but they are being rejected stating that the camera used is not a Pentax. Checking my EXIF, I realized my developer lab scanned them using a Fujifilm scanner. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue?
Maybe if you add/change the lens and camera metadata in the JPG file it will get past their brand check. There are many EXIF editors you can find for this task. I only know and use the less friendly command line version of exiftool. But at the bottom of the page are options for GUI front-ends to exiftool.

Download, install and open a shell (UNIX)/DOS Box (Windows) and type the following:
Code:
exiftool -Make='PENTAX' -Model='PENTAX 67' -Lens='SMC 67 55mm f4' FILE_NAME.JPG
Of course you want to use different text for your model and an actual a real file name. I'd recommend viewing the EXIF info of a digital file from a Pentax camera and use the exact wording and upper/lower case of the text for your Make and Model. You can also easily copy the whole EXIF part of one file to another in the event more than Make and Model are being checked.

Last edited by tuco; 12-06-2014 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Fix exif case
12-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #3591
Veteran Member

Thanks
12-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #3592
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I only know and use the less friendly command line version of exiftool.
Gotta love the command line tools, LOL.

mmpeg is cool also!

12-07-2014, 02:01 AM   #3593
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
In the third shot, is that your reflection in the heel of the girl to the left?
I hadn't even noticed that - it could be, or it could be the reflection of one of the other photographers (this was taken on a group photo-walk). I think it's probably someone else as I think this photo was taken with my Tokina 135/2.8 from quite far away, while other people were using shorter focal lengths and standing closer.
12-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #3594
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Maybe if you add/change the lens and camera metadata in the JPG file it will get past their brand check. There are many EXIF editors you can find for this task. I only know and use the less friendly command line version of exiftool. But at the bottom of the page are options for GUI front-ends to exiftool.
I have several film shots on the PPG and IIRC, they asked which camera was used. I also use ExifTool along with ExifToolGUI to edit the camera and lens fields.

Steve
12-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #3595

QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
Taken with paper negative, Ilford RC #3, 1/4 sec f:8. I shot this with my Grafex 4x5 through a double pane window, focused on the hillside (inset). I used my new Schneider Symmar 135/235 convertible.
scanned @800dpi flatbed

I was not expecting great resolution shooting through two panes of glass. I was actually more interested in the focal length effects of swapping the cells between the 100/175 and the 135/235.
This is 100% crop of inset.

The cell swap experiment was fairly unspectacular. No discernible advantage to swapping cells from one lens set to the other.
One swap gave me about 115mm and the other swap gave me close to 120mm.
On 4x5 the difference would be like changing from a 30mm to a 31mm on a 135 camera.
I like those shots on the paper negatives 45 Mike. I have often thought about trying out a large format camera but trying to get the equipment necessary to process the negatives puts it a little over the top for me at the moment. With paper negatives it would make things a bit easier for sure. Maybe one of these days.
It got a little cold here in Halifax overnight. No snow yet but here are a few from last winter where you did not have to look to hard for snow. Forget the details of camera and lens (the square one is a Bronica SQ-A with the 60 PS lens)

12-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #3596
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
I like those shots on the paper negatives 45 Mike. I have often thought about trying out a large format camera but trying to get the equipment necessary to process the negatives puts it a little over the top for me at the moment. With paper negatives it would make things a bit easier for sure. Maybe one of these days.
I like the second shot!
Yep, the paper negs make the processing easier. Shooting at ISO 6 is somewhat of a pain. Just have to use a tripod and find unmoving subjects worth an image. Moving subjects presents some artistic potentials as well, I dunno.

For my 4x5 film negatives I just use a paterson tank and normal color or b/w chems like MF and 135 films. If I just have one film, it just goes in the tank, for two or more, I use taco method.
The papers of course can just go in a tray for processing.
I just processed this 4x5 shot on expired Vericolor III short. It's color. My scanner will only do 2.7" wide, so it gets cropped.
12-09-2014, 06:16 PM - 2 Likes   #3597

I like the second shot!
Yep, the paper negs make the processing easier. Shooting at ISO 6 is somewhat of a pain. Just have to use a tripod and find unmoving subjects worth an image. Moving subjects presents some artistic potentials as well, I dunno.

For my 4x5 film negatives I just use a paterson tank and normal color or b/w chems like MF and 135 films. If I just have one film, it just goes in the tank, for two or more, I use taco method.
The papers of course can just go in a tray for processing.
I just processed this 4x5 shot on expired Vericolor III short. It's color. My scanner will only do 2.7" wide, so it gets cropped.
Thanks Mike. The second shot is one I really like as well. The tree, wall and bike rack on the wall are a subjuct I find myself shooting a lot of. I want to print it big but my wife is not a huge fan of winter shots. They make her feel cold when she looks at them. I will probably still print one and put it up somewhere she does not spend much time.
Here are a few of another subject I shoot alot of. They are of the Macdonald Bridge that crosses over the harbour between Dartmouth and Halifax. I ride over on my bicycle to work everyday. The shadows that are cast on the lane are typically fantastic to look at. I am still trying to do them justice.

I have way too many of these. I will add one more however. One of the coolest things is when ships pass underneath be it military or container ships.

Dan

Last edited by dracluff; 12-09-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Pictures did not show
12-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #3598
Veteran Member

Canon F-1, FD50 mm f1.2, Delta 400
12-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #3599
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
Thanks Mike. The second shot is one I really like as well. The tree, wall and bike rack on the wall are a subjuct I find myself shooting a lot of. I want to print it big but my wife is not a huge fan of winter shots. They make her feel cold when she looks at them. I will probably still print one and put it up somewhere she does not spend much time.
Here are a few of another subject I shoot alot of. They are of the Macdonald Bridge that crosses over the harbour between Dartmouth and Halifax. I ride over on my bicycle to work everyday. The shadows that are cast on the lane are typically fantastic to look at. I am still trying to do them justice.
I have way too many of these. I will add one more however. One of the coolest things is when ships pass underneath be it military or container ships.
Dan
The moving bicycle shot is a winner dude!!
Good job!
12-10-2014, 07:15 AM   #3600

The moving bicycle shot is a winner dude!!
Good job!
Thanks. I really love riding over that bridge. They are about to change it for easier maintenance but I think it will lose a lot character. Those trusses providing the shadows I like so much (and protection from splashes from the cars) will be moved underneath the bridge and only a railing will seperate the bike and car lanes.