Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #4051
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,289
QuoteOriginally posted by UgurUgurlu Quote
Canon Eos 300 Kodak T-Max 400 Self developed
Good one!

07-02-2015, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #4052
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scio, OR
Posts: 106
Thanks Phil. I'm not a big wide angle user. Lately, I run into a few situations where my 55mm was not wide enough. So I picked up a 45mm from KEH when they had one that looked good.

This is one that I felt that I would have liked a wider lens.

07-03-2015, 01:03 AM   #4053
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
Two portraits taken with the LX and the M 85 mm f2.0 wide open:





Ilford XP2 and a Y2 filter.
07-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #4054
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,289
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Ilford XP2 and a Y2 filter.
Interesting effect with that filter. Nice contrast on the eyes of the lower picture, and high key on the remainder. Good shot. Sharper than the first picture. Wide open shooting is not forgiving on focus.

07-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #4055
Forum Member
TheLens's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Waller Texas
Posts: 96
Nice one Gary2881.
07-03-2015, 10:17 PM   #4056
Pentaxian
furryurry's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 718
I like the second one but if you asked me why I wouldn't be able to tell you.
07-04-2015, 12:29 AM   #4057
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Bohemia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,095
QuoteOriginally posted by furryurry Quote
I like the second one but if you asked me why I wouldn't be able to tell you.
Thanks it must be the 3D effect
07-04-2015, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #4058
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scio, OR
Posts: 106
Thanks, Bill

07-04-2015, 08:04 AM   #4059
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Interesting effect with that filter. Nice contrast on the eyes of the lower picture, and high key on the remainder. Good shot. Sharper than the first picture. Wide open shooting is not forgiving on focus.
Yes I noticed that a dark yellow filter dramatically improves the washed out performance of the XP2.

Regarding the lady, she was annoying because she didn't want to be photographed and she was moving in order to avoid the camera, I think the softness is due to that.

The kid is another story: I was shooting a sheep show standing down close to the stage...here there are the pics:







And the child in front of me turned 180 degrees and stared at the camera for the necessary time to shoot a portrait, he was a more patient model than then Lady, that was pretty casual and I took the picture in two seconds because I didn't want to be noticed by his parents.

However, I took 74 exposures with the LX and the M85 and all of them are good, I don't want to flood the thread with my pics but here there are some:









The M85 is not just an excellent portrait lens but a very good all around performer that can replace a standard lens and can be used to photograph anything.
07-04-2015, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #4060
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Bohemia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,095
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Yes I noticed that a dark yellow filter dramatically improves the washed out performance of the XP2.

Regarding the lady, she was annoying because she didn't want to be photographed and she was moving in order to avoid the camera, I think the softness is due to that.

The kid is another story: I was shooting a sheep show standing down close to the stage...here there are the pics:







And the child in front of me turned 180 degrees and stared at the camera for the necessary time to shoot a portrait, he was a more patient model than then Lady, that was pretty casual and I took the picture in two seconds because I didn't want to be noticed by his parents.

However, I took 74 exposures with the LX and the M85 and all of them are good, I don't want to flood the thread with my pics but here there are some:









The M85 is not just an excellent portrait lens but a very good all around performer that can replace a standard lens and can be used to photograph anything.
Really? And I found D40 on crop too long
07-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #4061
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pensacola Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 129
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Regarding the lady, she was annoying because she didn't want to be photographed and she was moving in order to avoid the camera, I think the softness is due to that.
I'm going with out of focus, as opposed to soft focus, in the face. Since the area just past her ear and around her neck a little further back in the plane are sharper. Very narrow DOF at that aperture.
07-05-2015, 06:56 PM - 3 Likes   #4062
Pentaxian
vinceloc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philippines
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 352
Inadvertently shot these with ISO dial at 400 while using ACROS100. Surprised it didn't come out underexposed...




07-07-2015, 05:55 AM - 2 Likes   #4063
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,289

Kodak Retina 111c

---------- Post added 07-07-15 at 22:57 ----------

https://flic.kr/p/vq4Z95

Last edited by arnold; 07-07-2015 at 06:00 AM.
07-07-2015, 03:49 PM - 2 Likes   #4064
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
I keep on flooding this thread...

These are taken with the "usual" LX and the new to me K24mm f2.8 at the Leamington Peace Festival:





These are taken with an A 50 mm f1.4:







Expired BW400 CN and a yellow filter for the 50mm.
07-07-2015, 04:00 PM - 1 Like   #4065
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 114
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Good one!
Thanks!

Canon Eos 300
Kodak T-Max 400
Self developed

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top