Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #4606
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
nice comparison , the film shot came out very grainy though.
I was thinking the same thing. I shoot Neopan Acros 100 and it is extremely fine grained with normal development.

Steve

01-25-2016, 02:46 PM   #4607
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gma Quote
I'm in the "Roll in a Day" Flickr group
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
That sounds both like a challenging thing to do and a good reason to get out and take some pictures.
My thoughts as well. Thinking back, the days when I have been able to shoot full rolls have often resulted in the best photos.

Steve
01-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #4608
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
the days when I have been able to shoot full rolls have often resulted in the best photos
+1 to that! Nothing like going out with a roll of film and a purpose, and just getting into the groove with it.

In fact, here's one of those. Last weekend I was in Windsor and picked up an old Olympus Trip 35 in a charity shop for £5, so to test it I stuffed it with a roll of FP4+ I had in my bag, drove over to the nearby Air Forces Memorial in Runnymede and easily cycled off 24 shots in about 15 minutes while wandering around.

01-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #4609
Site Supporter

Is anyone here developing with caffenol? I'm going to go in search of some Folger's Crystals pretty soon, as I have one roll in need of development and all the rest of my chemistry in the cupboard up here. Just looking for some chatter about how awesome it is to develop film in a beverage.

01-26-2016, 01:37 AM - 1 Like   #4610
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Is anyone here developing with caffenol? I'm going to go in search of some Folger's Crystals pretty soon, as I have one roll in need of development and all the rest of my chemistry in the cupboard up here. Just looking for some chatter about how awesome it is to develop film in a beverage.
Yep, I have done many many films with Caffenol-C

My only problem with this process is that I tend to use the same batch for too many films then I end up with a roll that I wanted to keep, and I get a failure to develop properly. LOL

I have used several batches for almost 6 months, getting 20 rolls (approx) out of a batch.
The problem is that I shoot 120 film, 4x5 sheets, 2x3 sheets and 135 and I lose track of how much film I processed in a batch, I just push my luck when i shouldn't.

Now I am using D-76 mostly as one shot 1+1 or 1+3, using 1 tablespoon of powder for 300 ml of water to make a stock 300ml solution.

I also tried caffenol-c for developing prints on RC paper, but never got good results. very low contrast, underdeveloped.

You should try it, it works great as long as you don't try to develop too much film in it.
I did 12 minutes at 69 f agitate once a minute after a minute of constant.

Have fun!!
01-26-2016, 02:04 AM   #4611
Veteran Member

Ran a roll of Fuji Neopan 400 through my Minolta 7000. Both shots I used my Minolta 35-70mm F4 lens and a lite yellow filter.

01-26-2016, 07:42 AM   #4612

QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
The day is overcast and dull. Two from the Bessa III in 6x7 mode:

Chris
How do you like the Bessa III. It is the camera I really would like to get. Sucks that our dollar has dropped so far now though.
Also I really like the tones and the composition in the shot with the Chamonix.
Dan
01-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #4613
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
How do you like the Bessa III. It is the camera I really would like to get. Sucks that our dollar has dropped so far now though.
Dan
It does... though it's prime time to sell gear to americans! :-)

01-26-2016, 07:54 AM   #4614

A few from an October camping trip to Bon Echo in Ontario, Canada. Shot with a Bronica SQ.

01-26-2016, 10:19 AM   #4615
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A few from an October camping trip to Bon Echo in Ontario, Canada. Shot with a Bronica SQ.

They're not showing up. Would love to see these photos, I know bon echo well!
01-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #4616

Interesting. They come up for me whether I am logged in or not. I have linked them from google pictures with the [img] on either side of the link. Any ideas on what might be the problem?
01-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #4617
Site Supporter

I have linked them from google pictures with the [img] on either side of the link
Add a / to the end bracket before the "img" and it should work.

Phil.
01-26-2016, 12:21 PM - 3 Likes   #4618

Bright sunshine on snow was my problem today, and when the cold made the battery fail in the Bessa III it didn't help! Adox CHS25, Rodinal 1+49, 7.5 minutes:

Chris
01-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #4619

QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
Bright sunshine on snow was my problem today, and when the cold made the battery fail in the Bessa III it didn't help! Adox CHS25, Rodinal 1+49, 7.5 minutes:

Chris
These are great. The exposure in that first one seems spot on to me with just enough texture in the snow banks.

As for the shots from Bon Echo, it is weird because I have linked them the same way I always do. I copy the image address and paste into the text box that come up from clicking on the picture icon. The address is sandwiched between IMG and /IMG with square brackets around them. I will retry some of the Bon echo shots if they turn out I will add a few more.

Last edited by dracluff; 01-26-2016 at 01:40 PM.
01-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #4620

Dan
I got it when it first came out, and for a long time it was my only MF camera. Then I got distracted by some others, but now I'm appreciating how light it is and what wonderfully sharp lenses Fuji makes. I'd go as far as to say I would keep it over the Rolleiflex.

Thanks for the comment on the 10x8 paper negative. I'm figuring out pre-flashing as I go along—it's a way of taming the biting contrast of the orthochromatic paper.

Chris