Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2016, 01:59 PM - 2 Likes   #4651
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,976
QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
...
I have been having trouble linking photos from the new google pictures, has anyone else had trouble with it?
Apparently, not many are using Google Pictures since you're not getting any help. I don't know what your options are with that service. But I also can't tell how you're linking your photos. Are you getting a BB code link from Google and copy/pasting it here? Or are you using the insert image icon in the comment menu?

A lot of us just use Flickr to host images we post. It has a free account and Flickr gives you a BB code link option you can copy/paste here and you don't have to worry Pentax Forums hosting your images you post.

02-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #4652
Pentaxian
45 Mike's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,338
QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote

When loading your film how do you attach it to the reel?
I use the blue painters tape. I place a strip about 1/2" wide and 2" long on the film. 1/2" of the film is all I tape.



Then I wrap the tape around the spool, but I leave the free end free.



Then I press the free end of the tape to the bottom of the film strip. That leaves the film on the spool, with 1/2 of tape on both sides, virtually ensuring that the film will remain attacked to the spool.



The painters tape is easy to work with, and strong enough that to pull the film off the roll, you would be more likely to break the advance lever, strip gears and break the camera, than to break the tape or bond.
02-02-2016, 04:41 AM   #4653
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 241
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote

The painters tape is easy to work with, and strong enough that to pull the film off the roll, you would be more likely to break the advance lever, strip gears and break the camera, than to break the tape or bond.
That sounds like a good reason to use something weaker!

I do something similar with masking tape (buff-coloured, paper base - probably much the same as your blue tape). Just 3/4" of it, so the end that attaches to the spool doesn't go back around onto the film's emulsion side. It's never come off unexpectedly.
02-02-2016, 06:25 AM   #4654
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dartmouth
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 196
Tuco thanks for you input, as for google images I get the link to the image and use the image image icon in the comment bar to paste in the link so it is surrounded by img and /img. When it was picassa or google+ or whatever I had no troubles linking the images here from a 'collection' that was shared privately. Now in with google pictures it seems that the link does not work except for me when I am signed in. I will try to move the pictures into a public collection and see if that helps. I do have a Flickr account I just have not used it in years. That might be the best thing.

Thanks 45 Mike for and drmoss_ca for the info and taking the time to respond. I have used masking tape in the past but found that on my last or second last frame I would sometimes get a little gunk on it. So I have been trying to mimick the factory film end with a hole punch and a knife. Only I have had issues since my setup can make the end thin so it breaks off at the end of a roll and I have to unload the camera in the dark. Have either of you had issues with tape residue on a frame? I have been taping slightly differently so I will take a closer look at the way you both do it.

02-02-2016, 06:37 AM   #4655
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,976
QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
That sounds like a good reason to use something weaker!

I do something similar with masking tape (buff-coloured, paper base - probably much the same as your blue tape). Just 3/4" of it, so the end that attaches to the spool doesn't go back around onto the film's emulsion side. It's never come off unexpectedly.
Electrical tape is also a good for this application if you have some lying around. It will come off easy like the painter's tape too and it will give you more grip for the same amount of tape on the film if you want to really make sure the film doesn't pull off.

---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 05:47 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
Tuco thanks for you input, as for google images I get the link to the image and use the image image icon in the comment bar to paste in the link so it is surrounded by img and /img. When it was picassa or google+ or whatever I had no troubles linking the images here from a 'collection' that was shared privately. Now in with google pictures it seems that the link does not work except for me when I am signed in. I will try to move the pictures into a public collection and see if that helps. I do have a Flickr account I just have not used it in years. That might be the best thing.
Okay. Insert image prompts you to enter a link. Where do you get the link from? Does Google give you one pre-made for the image or do you copy it from the URL line in your web browser?
02-02-2016, 09:15 AM - 2 Likes   #4656
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 393
MX FA31 Tri-X 400

MX FA43 XP2 Super 400

KX FA77 Tri-X 400
Attached Images
     
02-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #4657
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,170
QuoteOriginally posted by longbow Quote
MX FA31 Tri-X 400

MX FA43 XP2 Super 400

KX FA77 Tri-X 400
Nice use of the FA Ltds!

Phil.
02-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #4658
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: NW Oregon
Posts: 393
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice use of the FA Ltds!

Phil.


Thanks, as good as the manual lenses are, the FA Ltds are just great !!

02-02-2016, 12:19 PM - 5 Likes   #4659
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 241
dracluff - no problems with goo from masking tape, but it's too cold here for the adhesive to get runny or anything.

M2, 35 FLE, Pan F (home rolled!), HC-110, X1 scans:





















Chris
02-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #4660
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,889
QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote

I have been having trouble linking photos from the new google pictures, has anyone else had trouble with it?
I post photos here from Google Photos quite often and haven't had any trouble.
I just go to my photo in Google Photos, right click on it, select Copy Image Address, then paste that into the Insert Image box.
02-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #4661
Pentaxian
45 Mike's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,338
QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
That sounds like a good reason to use something weaker!

I do something similar with masking tape (buff-coloured, paper base - probably much the same as your blue tape). Just 3/4" of it, so the end that attaches to the spool doesn't go back around onto the film's emulsion side. It's never come off unexpectedly.
Yes, I thought about that, but testing revealed that unless the tape is anchored to the bottom of the film, the tape has a much better chance of rolling off the spool. I would prefer not to roll the film and tape off the spool. :-)

---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 14:06 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dracluff Quote
Have either of you had issues with tape residue on a frame? I have been taping slightly differently so I will take a closer look at the way you both do it.
No, I have not had any gunk problems, however I just started home rolling. I don't roll and store, I have rolled as I need it. The masking tape I have seen, uses a different adhesive than the blue painters tape.
I am fairly certain that the blue tape uses an adhesive much more similar to that used on post-it notes. Not the same, but similar. It is designed NOT to leave or cause any gunk or residue.

I have seen the factory punched film ends, and they really don't look all that secure, and they are a hassle to get off the spool. I would much prefer to use tape than the punched ends.

I do my spool start in daylight, so the last two frames are wasted on my rolls anyways. I don't worry about gunk at all.
02-02-2016, 03:13 PM - 5 Likes   #4662
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,889

Rolleiflex 2.8C
Carl Zeiss Planar 80/2.8
Expired Kodak T400CN
Epson V500
02-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #4663
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,258
QuoteOriginally posted by drmoss_ca Quote
dracluff - no problems with goo from masking tape, but it's too cold here for the adhesive to get runny or anything.

M2, 35 FLE, Pan F (home rolled!), HC-110, X1 scans:





















Chris
Did the chronicle herald (Canada's oldest newspaper) just stop publishing?
02-02-2016, 09:48 PM - 2 Likes   #4664
Pentaxian
45 Mike's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,338
Some shotz from my Olympus 35 RC, Ultrafine Extreme 400, D-76









02-02-2016, 10:09 PM - 2 Likes   #4665
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,463
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Did you have any scratches?
No, they were fine.




Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
autofocus, camera, d-76, dog, doubt, exposure, film, flickr, fp4, kiev, leak, lens, love, mine, minutes, nikkormat, pentax, phil, photography, pm, post, quality, roll, shot, shots, smc, sp500, station, steve, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Some B&W film shots from the Gulf of Gaeta, Italy Rense Post Your Photos! 3 04-23-2011 12:22 AM
First post - few b&w shots sealisthenewbeaver Photo Critique 2 09-22-2008 06:40 PM
My Pentax shots in print & film. blwnhr Photographic Technique 5 03-18-2008 05:13 PM
First shots with a zx-5 film camera (c&c welcome) jbrowning Post Your Photos! 2 12-23-2007 08:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:54 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top