Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #511
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Shot from a sailboat one morning. The sun was rising behind a bank of low clouds.

100TMX

Stunning! If it was digital I would have said that you'd photoshopped it

03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #512
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shot from a sailboat one morning. The sun was rising behind a bank of low clouds.

100TMX

Very nice!

Phil.
03-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #513
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Stunning! If it was digital I would have said that you'd photoshopped it
Thanks. Well, it was to some extent. The color and a bit of graduated tone on the foreground.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Very nice!

Phil.
Thanks.
03-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #514
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Time is always an issue! (And getting 6 x 6 negs to scan is a crap shoot! Scanner cuts them in half most of the time.)
This is fairly easy to manage. IIRC you are using an Epson V500 with Epson Scan. Firstly:
  • Place negative in the 120 holder and put the holder in the scanner
  • With scanner turned on, start Epson Scan
  • Use Professional Mode
  • Document Type: Film (with film holder)
  • Film Type: B&W Negative Film
  • Choose desired bit depth and resolution. Don't fiddle with document size or target size.
Nextly:
  • Click the "Configuration..." button
  • On the "Film Size" tab choose "6x6"
  • Click "OK" to close the configuration dialog
Now do the preview scan:
  • Click the "Preview" button
  • The Preview window should open and will probably default to the "Thumbnail" tab.
  • Notice your that the frames from your negative should be properly framed in the thumbnail view and ready for the final scan.
Should the frames NOT be properly detected, do not be dismayed...:
  • Click on the "Normal" tab of the Preview Window
  • The raw preview scan of the full strip should be visible
  • Click on the upper-left corner of the first frame and draw a box to the opposite corner to define the desired scan frame (the box is called a marquee)
  • Do the same for the remaining frames on the strip
  • Click the "All" button to select all of the frames you just defined
  • Click the Scan button to scan them in the order they were defined
You can zoom and adjust the marquee boundaries as needed.

Note that you can save your most recent setup. Epson Scan is notorious for not remembering your favorite settings, particularly in regards to USM (which I always leave turned off), but it doesn't hurt to try.

Steve

03-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #515
JFN
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yup, even in professional mode you can uncheck the "Thumbnail" checkbox and select your own scanner crops from the negative strips (at least in this is possible in the Mac OS X verison of the Epson Scanner Software).

Last edited by JFN; 03-20-2012 at 04:37 AM.
03-20-2012, 05:52 AM   #516
Veteran Member

Still more from the Tri-X @640, D-76, MX, M50/1.7 combo; the second one I've posted already but this one's a bit lighter. I was shooting at 1/30, and something like f/2.8-3.5.

03-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #517
Veteran Member

Thanks Steve. Will give it a try.

03-20-2012, 10:18 PM - 1 Like   #518
Veteran Member

Go ahead. Make my day.

[ Me 645 55/2.8 Delta100 - him PZ-1 50/1.4 TMax400 ]
03-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #519
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
P30t, FA50/1.4 @ f/4, PanF+, Rodinal 1+50 11min
03-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #520

Do You Feel Lucky, Punk!?

I know what you're thinking, "Did he meter six zones or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Pentax Spotmeter V, one of the largest hand meters in the world, and would blow your highlights clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk!?

P6x7, 45mm, 320TXP
Creative, I like it!
03-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #521
Veteran Member

Expect a lot of Tri-X from me as I have more than 1 brick of it left... maybe I'll vary the developer some, I mean how vanilla is Tri-X in D-76 Nikon FE, Micro Nikkor 55/3.5

03-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #522
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bogie Quote
Creative, I like it!
Thanks.
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #523
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

I know what you're thinking, "Did he meter six zones or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a Pentax Spotmeter V, one of the largest hand meters in the world, and would blow your highlights clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk!?
Oh my God. I've been laughing out loud at this for almost a minute, to the point my eyes are watering. And the photo is the exclamation point for it all. Fantasic.

@tuco, thanks loads.
03-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #524
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

P6x7, 45mm, 320TXP

Nice, I thought you would be more of a "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" fan using the name "Tuco"!

Phil.
03-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #525
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
Oh my God. I've been laughing out loud at this for almost a minute, to the point my eyes are watering. And the photo is the exclamation point for it all. Fantasic.

@tuco, thanks loads.
Glad it was good for a laugh.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice, I thought you would be more of a "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" fan using the name "Tuco"!

Phil.
Actually, I am a fan of that movie (have the DVD) and in fact that is exactly where I got the name for my alias. Tuco was the ugly.