Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #5686
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kneemeister Quote
I screwed up by not advancing the film to the line before I closed the door. So the nice shot of the Barn that I was going to Print for Dad to hang in his office, is only half a frame, opps!
I also have to remember not to advance the film before I am ready to shoot, its too easy to waste a shot bumping the shutter release otherwise!

This roll and the test roll from my recently aquired Maxxum 9000 were also the first that I scanned myself.

The Camera shop in Ft. Wayne is a bad place for me to go while suffering from G.A.S. $40 for the Yasicha-Mat and about the same for the Minolta a couple weeks earlier.
If I ever walk in there and they have an LX, K2 or KM i am in trouble

$40 is an excellent price for the yeshiva

01-15-2017, 11:44 AM - 6 Likes   #5687
Forum Member

This weekend I've managed to scan some shots from the archives. These were taken in Lesotho in 2013. All shot with a Pentax MX on agfaphoto apx100.

01-17-2017, 08:49 PM - 5 Likes   #5688
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
These are only sort of my B&W film shots.

I acquired some film near the end of December; mostly all still boxed, but a few odd rolls that weren't. When I went to the local museum earlier this month, I wound up taking along a roll of Neopan 400 from that lot as a spare.

(You can probably guess where this is going.)

Got the shots back today, and immediately noticed that except for a few near the very end, they were all wrong. The roll's original owner had exposed it but never developed it. Unfortunately all of the original shots were outdoors, often with plenty of sky, and I was pushing my shots two stops. End result was that most frames were someone else's shots with very faint hints of what I was shooting at.

These two turned out at least somewhat well, however.

I don't know what the original shots were taken with, but mine were:
Canon AE-1.
B&H/Canon FD 50mm f1.4 S.S.C.
Fuji Neopan 400 Professional.
01-18-2017, 02:41 AM - 5 Likes   #5689
Pentaxian

Barn Bluff, Tasmania
LX, TMax400 and SMC-M 100/f2.8

01-18-2017, 03:28 AM   #5690
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote

I acquired some film near the end of December; mostly all still boxed, but a few odd rolls that weren't. When I went to the local museum earlier this month, I wound up taking along a roll of Neopan 400 from that lot as a spare.

Got the shots back today, and immediately noticed that except for a few near the very end, they were all wrong. The roll's original owner had exposed it but never developed it. Unfortunately all of the original shots were outdoors, often with plenty of sky, and I was pushing my shots two stops. End result was that most frames were someone else's shots with very faint hints of what I was shooting at.

Canon AE-1.
Shot in the Roman (etc) galleries?
01-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #5691
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
Shot in the Roman (etc) galleries?
Correct.
01-18-2017, 07:41 AM   #5692
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ha, oh no!!

Canon AE-1.

01-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #5693
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You never know, sometimes the effect can be interesting, a "happy accident."
01-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #5694
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canon AE-1.
Interesting double exposures! Original looks like some Buddhist statues??

Phil.
01-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #5695
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Interesting double exposures! Original looks like some Buddhist statues??
The second one is a seated Buddha, yes.

The first is a statue of a Roman youth(?). (Someone Roman, at least, and the bit of hat visible means it wasn't one of the busts of an emperor.)
01-18-2017, 08:13 PM - 2 Likes   #5696
Pentaxian

Going through scans from last year, picking out potentially interesting shots I missed. Here we have a selection of buskers.

Spotmatic II.
Tamron Adaptall-2 80-210mm f3.8-4.

Canon AE-1.
Fuji Neopan 400 Professional (pushed to 1600)

Spotmatic II.
Unknown lens. (Possibly a Helios-44M-4.)
JCH Streetpan 400.
01-18-2017, 08:21 PM - 3 Likes   #5697
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes You Get Lucky

QuoteOriginally posted by cobbu2 Quote
You never know, sometimes the effect can be interesting, a "happy accident."

Canonet G-III QL17
T-Max 100

01-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #5698
Pentaxian

Going through scans from last year, picking out potentially interesting shots I missed. Here we have a selection of buskers.

Spotmatic II.

Canon AE-1.
Fuji Neopan 400 Professional (pushed to 1600)

Spotmatic II.
Unknown lens. (Possibly a Helios-44M-4.)
JCH Streetpan 400.
Excellent shots.
01-20-2017, 07:35 AM - 5 Likes   #5699
Forum Member

some more shots from the mountain kingdom, this time more people centric

01-21-2017, 11:27 PM - 3 Likes   #5700
Pentaxian

Posted a colour version of this shot (from the opposite angle, mind) over in the other thread a few weeks back. Judging by the tones, I'd say there's a very good chance that I used a blue filter on this one, but if I did I didn't write it down in my notes.

Unfortunately this roll also confirmed that a problem I've had in the past with this camera has returned: the auto frame counter is clicking in on "1" too early, and about half of the first frame is lost. I'll have to try advancing the film a bit past the start mark with my next roll and see what happens.

Meopta Flexaret Va.
Belar 80mm f3.5.
Kodak T-Max 100.

Last edited by g026r; 01-22-2017 at 07:11 AM.