Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #571
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

I think I actually used the DOF preview on the KX with this, but unfortunately I did not close down the aperture for a wee bit more DOF for the hand. SMC-M 50mm f/1.4, Tri-X, D-76 1:1
Yes great shot!

Phil.

04-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #572
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Brad&Gayna Quote
K1000, original kit 50mm f/2, complete with fungus. Rollei 100ISO expired.
Nice shot of the cat!

Phil.
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #573

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice shot of the cat!

Phil.
Thanks! Polly the cat and expired Rollei Retro 100 are my usual test for 'new' film bodies.. This ebay K1000 started an avalance of film bodies, but it's still one of my favourites.
04-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #574
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks! Polly the cat and expired Rollei Retro 100 are my usual test for 'new' film bodies.. This ebay K1000 started an avalance of film bodies, but it's still one of my favourites.
Good work with the RR 100 and moldy lens! Even though I stopped using RR 100 due to film curl, I still miss the stuff and wish that it was still available. Perhaps Adox will see fit to finish their development effort on a replacement product with similar properties and a modern low-curl base (the long overdue Adox Pan 100).

Steve

04-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #575
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
Very nice shot. Reminds me a bit of Ralph Eugene Meatyard's work.

Was it had to knock the head off the statue?
thanks everyone for the nice comments - and R.E.M.! I'm honored

We had the freak October snow storm which brought down a lot of trees. Looks like some very old tree / limb had fallen on this statue.
04-09-2012, 03:51 AM - 1 Like   #576
Veteran Member

04-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #577

War Horse

An old scan from a Olympus OM 1 I owned a few years ago. I was using a Zuiko 50mm f 1:8

Attached Images

04-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #578
Veteran Member

I was a dedicated Olympian in the 70s and 80s - learned photography with a Pen FT (major work for high school yearbook, and a college photo class with it) which I eventually replaced with an OM2s in '85. That's a nice jeep.

KX, M 50/1.4/TriX/D-76

04-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #579
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's okay to post shots from a non-Pentax? Looks like some of you are, anyway... This weekend I tried out my first rangefinder - a Yashica Electro 35 GSN. Amazingly quiet shutter - quite a change from my K-r!

Portable Computer.

A really fun and nice sub-$100 camera. Nice fixed lens (45 / 1.7).
04-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #580
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Basset Quote
It's okay to post shots from a non-Pentax?
Not just OK...actually encouraged! See the original post at the start of this thread.

Steve
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #581
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok, I normally try to avoid getting philosophical about photos, but I rather love the new vs old that the choice of B&W film plus the content in Bassets photo make. The person in the photo and the scene in general when taken with B&W on film look right out of the 70's but then you notice the new computer under his arm and what looks like an import car with a body kit on the far right, not to mention the obvious newer Honda driving by, and the effect is totally baffling to my brain. Its like someone took an old street scene and PP'd in the cars and the computer.

EDIT: Everything in this thread is amazing, with my Super Program heading off to Eric and the K1000 not actually here yet i'm near to foaming at the mouth to get something I can use B&W in again. I do have a ZX-7 body here, but B&W in that thing would be like swearing in church or something, its just too plastic for that.

Last edited by PPPPPP42; 04-10-2012 at 09:36 PM.
04-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #582

It's okay to post shots from a non-Pentax? Looks like some of you are, anyway... This weekend I tried out my first rangefinder - a Yashica Electro 35 GSN. Amazingly quiet shutter - quite a change from my K-r!

Great shot! I found a GSN recently at an op-shop, apart from the flash sync socket being missing it is utterly as-new. About halfway through a roll of expired 64 Tungsten slide, hope they come out as well as this. I'm looking forward to seeing what the 45mm can do!
04-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #583

Great shot! I found a GSN recently at an op-shop, apart from the flash sync socket being missing it is utterly as-new. About halfway through a roll of expired 64 Tungsten slide, hope they come out as well as this. I'm looking forward to seeing what the 45mm can do!
Doesnīt the GSN have a PC sync port? I think at least some versions of the electro have that...

I have been looking to get one myself, but donīt know yet which version to aim for.. any suggestions?

Btw, This is a great thread with some of the best photos of this site. So tired of looking all those soulless digital pictures...
04-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #584
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by _quicksilver_ Quote
Doesnīt the GSN have a PC sync port? I think at least some versions of the electro have that...

I have been looking to get one myself, but donīt know yet which version to aim for.. any suggestions?

Btw, This is a great thread with some of the best photos of this site. So tired of looking all those soulless digital pictures...
The Yashica Guy site had been recommended to me. Lots of info there. And he promptly responds to e-mail. CameraRefurb seems to be the major restoration place. (Mine's not needed any work). Again, prompt replies to any e-mail.

The Ken Rockwell site also has a good article about the Electro 35's here. My GSN has a hot shoe.

I am not that knowledgeable myself about the camera, as I just got it. I wanted to try out a rangefinder to learn how it works. Not that long after I started reading up, I spotted a couple of Yashica Electro 35s in an antique shop. It's not a fully manual camera (the Canonet QL 17 can go full manual, but I've heard metering can be tricky using modern (non-mercury batteries)). The Yashica is quite, easy to use, and like I said, it has a great lens. Lots of good, affordable (read, non-Leica) rangefinders out there for less than the price of a single prime lens.

p.s.

Thanks for the comments. I have a lot to learn about photography, and this forum has been very helpful.
04-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #585
Pentaxian

Portable Computer.

Good capture. Yeah, who cares what camera you used. You'll never broaden your horizon if you don't try different gear. Leave the fanboi stuff for the digital section of the forum.